21 Aug 2013

Playstation Staff

PS3 & PS4 Playstation Network ID

16 Replies 1,284 Views Created 21-08-2013

Hi there, does anyone know if you can use your PSN ID to play on the PS3 & PS4, as when I get the new PS4 some of my friends will still only have the PS3 so will want to play on both machines!! also any idea how many PSN ID you can link as I know at present it is to 2 machines.  Have not been able to find the answer anywhere!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (1,284 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 & PS4 Playstation Network ID

I've been wondering this myself. I hope you can link it over and have no problems.

Having a new PSN ID for PS4 is kinda a hassle for me. Setting up yet another e-mail address, I believe i would need another subcription to PS+ for the seperate account aswell,  re-adding friends, remembering more passwords and log ins. Rather have it all under the same account I have now for PS3. 

Anyone with official answers would be a saint in my eyes.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (1,230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

You can keep your current psn id to use on the ps4, indeed, you will have to if you have PS+ and want to keep the benefits on the ps4.
Other benefits from keeping the same account include transferring points from ps3 version of fifa14 to ps4 version. Something similar for the latest COD game.
Ps4 to allow 2000 on your friends list.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (1,215 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks but do you know if you can use your ID on the PS3 and PS4!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (1,130 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

You mean at the same time?
I don't know, but will give it a try when my ps4 arrives :-)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (1,127 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

you can with the vita and ps3 so possibly

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (1,104 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I doubt you would be able to at exactly the same time but you should still be able to use it on your ps3 if you are not signed on the ps4

Subscribe to me on YouTubeFollow Craig_Keith on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (1,083 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Keifski wrote:

I doubt you would be able to at exactly the same time but you should still be able to use it on your ps3 if you are not signed on the ps4

you never know xbone and 360 you can

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (1,081 Views)

Playstation Staff

Thanks for all replies, lets hope we can sign in on PS3 and PS4 at different times with the same user ID as some of my friends will not be getting the PS4 yet, and I still want to play some of the multiplayer on the PS3 anyway.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (1,061 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Still no word on the account number limitations though. Kinda worrys me because I'm sure I've reached my limit with this PSN account, and I tried to delete a previous PSN. That just turned into a saga I couldn't complete.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (1,017 Views)
0 Kudos