02 Dec 2008
Playstation Staff

PS3 and N95 - Using the mic and camera facilities

10 Replies 477 Views Created 02-12-2008

Hey,

Short of buying a bluetooth headshet or USB camera, is there anyway you can use the N95's own mic as a voice input for the PS3? Same goes for the built in camera as an input device?

Ta

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (477 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 and N95 - Using the mic and camera facilities

ive tried and the answer is no
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (435 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

you cant even connect your phone to the ps3 via bluetooth to send pics and stuff MEHHH:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (405 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

yes its very true that you cannot connect your phone which is a real shame however I think it will come one day. I am sure there is going to be some sort of connectivity with home as I seem to remember Phil Harrison connecting to home via an interface on his Sony ericsson and sending images of the audience to a picture frame in his home apartment.But yes genuine Bluetooth connectivity would be nice Sony.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (388 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

If you are intrested you can set the N95 up as a media server (if you have a wirless router) so that you can send pics music etc to your PS3.

Under the tools  section on N95 go to the connectivity folder then click on "home media" then "share content" and then enable visibility in network....

Then with PS3 search for new media server and it should find your phone....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (359 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Bass_thing wrote:

If you are intrested you can set the N95 up as a media server (if you have a wirless router) so that you can send pics music etc to your PS3.

Under the tools  section on N95 go to the connectivity folder then click on "home media" then "share content" and then enable visibility in network....

Bass_thing wrote:

AH QUALITY, i was wondering on how to do it for agggeeeesss...cheers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (354 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Aye the media server is mint, however i've still got about 8gb of music on my laptop, most of which is in AAC format!!! DISASTER :X
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ermmm .. it's easier just to conenct the n95 up to the PS3 using the USB cable you get with the phone .. it pretty much behaves like an 8GB external hard drive, you then simply copy over anything and everything you have stored on the phone's mass memory, including pics, music, videos, etc.

Simples...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (278 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Tnx didnt know this . i will try it out later.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (254 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

zee54 wrote:
Ermmm .. it's easier just to conenct the n95 up to the PS3 using the USB cable you get with the phone .. it pretty much behaves like an 8GB external hard drive, you then simply copy over anything and everything you have stored on the phone's mass memory, including pics, music, videos, etc.

Tried that, but the ps3 wouldnt av it, did display all, but nothing come up,...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (251 Views)
0 Kudos