Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 controller won't charge

dude ijust bought a controller today and the same thing happened to me then i took it back to the shop but in the shop worked well and my ps3 didnt charge it back home i dont know dude but i think is cause i have the retro version maybe . do i have to buy a new console?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27 (8,658 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I just had the same problem. I fixed it by getting the USB cord that came with my Blutooth mic.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27 (7,893 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

There are many facters for a problems with recharging your controller.

1. the usb port may be less then 2.0

2.the controller may have been faulty.

3. battery may have been ruind by heat or cold during its time at the shops.

4. you have dropt or mistreated it and a wire or and the battery has disconnected.

if you purchased it and as soon as you got home and tryd to reacharge it it may because of  some of the resons above. your best bet would be to return it and if they do not take it back try opening it up an checking for loose wires if you dont see any loose wires try replacing the battery.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27 (7,883 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hey I have had this problem at my friends house when I tried to use the controller there and I have found after the new update it has fixed it self try updating if you haven't.:Sniper:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27 (7,882 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

ive had the same problem with my ds3 controllers...they wouldnt charge on ps3 or computer...although my old sixaxis charged no problems...a friend brought over a gharging dock that plugs into an electrical outlet instead of the usb port on a computer/ps3...both ds3's charge fine...so since its 2 seperate controllers and it solved them both...i recomenned trying that...hope this helps...good luck

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27 (7,851 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i swear i can spell but geesh....recommend i meant..anyhow it works...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27 (7,826 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

:Sniper: call of duty MW2 Trickshot TuT add KroniC_JoKe

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27 (4,935 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I've had my PS3 for just over a year now and the controller charged fine.

Yesterday i was playin but had to do something quick so i left, came back, but didnt notice that is was on low battery. When i finally realised this moring i put it on charge. But instead of a battery with bars in it, it came up with a -. Now when im playin every 15 secs or so it comes up with "Please reconnect controller 1" i've tried charging on pc/laptop: still will not work. And personally i don't want to buy a £35-£40 controller and i dont want to have to buy an unofficial 1 or one from hong kong on ebay1

Is it just the fact the controllers a year old or is it something else?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27 (4,385 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Hi
Have you tried resetting the controller via the small pin hole on the back ? Stick a paperclip or similar in there to completely reset the controller and then try connecting it up via usb cable to the PS3. I have never had these issues but I always use a Pelican stand charger to charge my DS3's...

Good luck

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27 (4,380 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

i once took my DS3 to my mates and mine would not connect or even charge or do anything with the cable in but yet that very same cable works fine in my mates DS3.
------------
now own a 12GB Super Slim with a 500GB HDD upgrade.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27 (4,367 Views)
0 Kudos