19 Feb 2012
By MUFC_9X

Playstation Staff

PS3 not working after Version 4.11 update

[ Edited ]
14 Replies 5,374 Views edited 19-02-2012

I downloaded the version 4.11 update recommended by SONY; however it has ruined my PS3. Now, when I switch the thing on I get the message "Connect controller using a USB cable, and then press the PS Button". This being done, another message is displayed:

"The system software cannot be run correctly. Press PS button to try and restart the system. If the system cannot be restarted, you must reinstall the system software.

Connect storage media that contains update data version 4.11 or later, and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time. For information on how to obtain update data, refer to SCE web site for your region."

I have downloaded version 4.11 from PS site; however after inserting memory stick into PS3 and completing the above instructions, it states "No applicable update data was found".

Can someone please help?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (5,374 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 not working after Version 4.11 update

On your memory stick create the folders PS3 > UPDATE > then place the update.pup in there and the ps3 should pick it up
DeludedGaming the best gaming site around
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (5,353 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

born2destroy, thanks very much for the advice, this has now worked and I am back in the game. Your an absolute legend....!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (5,336 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

MUFC_9X wrote:
born2destroy, thanks very much for the advice, this has now worked and I am back in the game. Your an absolute legend....!!!

Its ok mate happened to my 80gb just after i got it. Thought it had broke and the ps3 wouldnt pick up the usb so googled it and found the fix.

Glad i could help & you are back gaming :Thumbs:

DeludedGaming the best gaming site around
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (5,334 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much for making that easier than Sony did , I truly do appreciate it!!!  Born you are the shizznit!! You just got rid of a big headache for me, I thank you brotha!                                                                                                                        Now, can you tell me how to fix my Microwave:Stupid:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (4,428 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Sho did , thanks man , you are a legend , and the first real fix I found on Google , really thank you!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (4,420 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hello,
I have got the same problem and i tried to fix this proplem as recommended by born2destroy but it doesnt work.I always get the same error message:
Connect controller using a USB cable, and then press the PS Button". This being done, another message is displayed:

"The system software cannot be run correctly. Press PS button to try and restart the system. If the system cannot be restarted, you must reinstall the system software.
Connect storage media that contains update data version 4.11 or later, and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time. For information on how to obtain update data, refer to SCE web site for your region."

The version 4.11 was downloaded from the official PS site; however after inserting memory stick into PS3 and completing the above instructions, it states "No applicable update data was found".

Any idea what can cause this problem ?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (3,925 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

checkeryou wrote:

Hello,
I have got the same problem and i tried to fix this proplem as recommended by born2destroy but it doesnt work.I always get the same error message:
Connect controller using a USB cable, and then press the PS Button". This being done, another message is displayed:

The version 4.11 was downloaded from the official PS site; however after inserting memory stick into PS3 and completing the above instructions, it states "No applicable update data was found".

Any idea what can cause this problem ?

Did you use CAPS for the file names PS3 and inside that UPDATE with the PUP file inside that?

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/network/detail/item48612/PlayStation-3-System-Software-updates...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (3,915 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

this is proper stupid, i done the update through the ps3 and the game was working fine, then all of a sudden it crashes when i was about to start a game on cod, now i have the same problem as other people on here buti do not have a memory stick, is there any other way of doing the update? thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (3,547 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

ohh its okay now i used my blackberry to create the same folders and put the download into that folder then inserted the USB into the ps3, so for anyone like me who doesnt have a memory stick then try using your mobile phone :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (3,537 Views)
0 Kudos