19 May 2013
By: ThreadUK Member 31 Posts
Level 2

PS3 or PS4

14 Replies 990 Views Created 19-05-2013
Hello,
Don't hate but I have yet to have a ps3 I am just wondering weather to get a ps3 or wait for the ps4. The main game I will be playing is Call of Duty/Ghosts but as of yet they are not putting CoD Ghosts on Pre Order for ps4. This is why I am wondering what to get. Also from what I have heard the only upgrades are graphics and performance. Anyone got any arguments for either console?
Looking for a general gaming clan? All the other clans "CoD only" or "Battlefield only". Well look no further than Fibre Gaming Nation!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (990 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: PS3 or PS4

how well off are you and do you play on or offline mostly?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (971 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I would play mostly online but the odd zombies or campaign offline. But yes mostly online
Looking for a general gaming clan? All the other clans "CoD only" or "Battlefield only". Well look no further than Fibre Gaming Nation!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (962 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

my guess is that it is highly likely the next call of duty will be released on both ps3 and ps4, maybe even just ps3. either way the ps3 still has a good couple of years at least left in it yet.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (933 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

If it's for COD Ghost then wait for next gen. You get a better version of the game plus you buying a console with longer support.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (923 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Personally, I'd wait till after E3 and make my decision then. There's a lot still to be announced and I can guarantee that if you buy a PS3 now you'll feel bummed out that you're missing PS4 irrespectively, whereas if you wait till you know all the facts you can decide on which you'd rather have :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (919 Views)
Level 2

Yeah. I think I'll do that. Just wait and see what else they have to offer. To be honest if there is only graphics and performance boosts I will not be getting it. Waste of that extra money. But also if CoD ghosts doesn't come out on it I will not be getting it. Thanks :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (883 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I have watched the Call of Duty : Ghosts reveal trailer and the behind the scenes and it looks like there will be a great benefit to having the new gen console. But I most probably still wait until the Playstation 4 reveal. For all we now they might shock us and not put it on the PS4. I will most probably get the PS4 though if it does come out on it. Thanks for the advice though :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (803 Views)
Level 3

Call of Duty: Ghost has been confirmed for PS4 mate.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/23/call-of-duty-ghosts-confirmed-for-ps4/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (764 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I don't think you'll get hate for not buying a PS3. Buying a console specifically for CoD on the other hand. *Scratches head*

The first year of a new generation is for people with too much money. Buy a PS3, enjoy some of the amazing games being released this year (TLOU & GTA V are my picks for the year) & wait to see how the next gen pans out.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (750 Views)
0 Kudos