28 Oct 2007
By: [Maleek]

55 Posts

PS3 password recovery

8 Replies 929 Views Created 28-10-2007
Hi I just got my PS3 replaced and I forgot my password to my online ID. Is there any way I can recover it? I checked my confirmation email Sony sent me when I made the account but my password was not shown in it. I did click on “forgot password” but the problem is once I write my email and date of birth they then ask me the answer to my secret question and I don’t know the answer to that either. Any advice someone please help me out I got a lot of people on my contact list so I don’t want to make another user name.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (929 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 password recovery

Contact customer services?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (929 Views)
0 Kudos

Must the youth of today be spoon fed every single thing?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Must the youth of today be spoon fed every single thing?

What makes you think he's a teenager? If you are assuming he's a teenager simply because he requires some help then I must say that your user name pretty much sums you up.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

If you can't remember the answer to the secret question then I think the only other thing you could try is to ring support. Try to think what your answer might have been though, and check that if you think you know what it is that you type it exactly as you did the first time, for example if you started it with a capital letter then make sure you do it this time. I forgot mine yesterday and was struggling with the above problem. I only forgot because I can't use the password I always use because of it having to have a number in it.
Generaldiscussion
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I would call Customer Service no. too :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (929 Views)
0 Kudos

What makes you think he's a teenager? If you are assuming he's a teenager simply because he requires some help then I must say that your user name pretty much sums you up.

LOL:Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I wonder if he looks like his forum avatar as well !! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I had this problem, only the thing was that I knew my secret question answer but it wasnt working.

I found out that when I was pressing start it was adding an unwanted space at the end of my answer, so I tried it when deleting the extra space and it worked.

So if you have tried the secret answer that you think is right try deleting the extra space if this also happens to you.

I know when you press start it always adds a space for some reason, but just a though.

Hope it helps. :Thumbs:
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (929 Views)
0 Kudos