Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 slim for £119.99 - £139.99

Cheggerz08 wrote:
Why would you want to when its got less features?

I don't use linux, in over 2 years I have never used more than 2 USB ports (headset and recharge cable), I have never once used the memory card readers and I buy a new console to play new games, I don't give a ***** about backwards compatibility.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 62 (497 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Jerbs wrote:

Cheggerz08 wrote:

I don't use linux, in over 2 years I have never used more than 2 USB ports (headset and recharge cable), I have never once used the memory card readers and I buy a new console to play new games, I don't give a ***** about backwards compatibility.

Good for you.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 62 (495 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Cheggerz08 wrote:

Jerbs wrote:

Cheggerz08 wrote:

Good for you.

Well don't ask then.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 62 (488 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Jerbs wrote:

Do you downgrade everything just because you don't use every available feature?

Message Edited by time travelling space smurfs on 2028-03-22 07:49 PM

Facts of the moment:
"My PS3 is not fat, it's just big boned."
"The console war is as real as the war on terrorism."
"The wizards first rule applies to both YLOD and the SLIM."

"Tons of trophies doesn't say you're a great gamer, it says you have too much free time."

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 62 (479 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Guttergod wrote:

Jerbs wrote:

Do you downgrade everything just because you don't use every available feature?

I'm due the ylod anytime soon, it's a launch day console. There is no point risking it and having to pay sony £150 to fix the console when I can sell it now for £180ish and buy a slim with a new warranty, larger hard drive, slimmer design etc.

At the time it was the only console available in the UK so I couldn't choose if I wanted them features or not.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 62 (463 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

And the fact that a 60 is worth more than an 80 in real terms, but they don't see it as such lol

JOIN THE REVOLUCION
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 62 (457 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I quite fancy this deal. I paid £350 for my 40gb and £140 isn't to bad for the bravia sync and a slimmer model. I just don't know if I like the non glossy black look.

I have got linux installed on mine however I haven't booted in to it for over 5 months now.

mmmm, decisions decisions.

Unofficial U.K Playstation.com Forums flickr Group |  | Last Platinum: NFS Hot Pursuit
>>> click here for my ps3 mac theme <<<
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 62 (456 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

OMG that is the bigest RIP off ever. Anyone who thinks this is a bargain has got to be missing a screw in there head or something. You can easly sell your old PS3 on ebay for like £200.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 62 (449 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Yeah my spare 60gig 360 is going to get me £120 off a slim, and that's without me adding all those 360 trade in games with it, although I'm seriously considering adding my 60gig PS3 to that, meaning i come away with a nice new slim PS3 and a handful of PS3 games fora grand total of 0 cash....:BigGrin:

I am trying ebay first to see if i can get £200 for the 60gig, i was going to get a 80gig and keep my 60gig but the slim will be easy to pick up and take to the bedroom.

We shall see.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 62 (427 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

There would be no chance of me doing this.

60GB version has multiple memory card slots, 4 USB ports and PS2 backwards compatibility. While the Slim is a good SKU I wouldn't part my 60GB and fork out money to trade for one.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 62 (427 Views)
0 Kudos