Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 slim won't play some games

Not been able to get either to play.

Had a look for game data and nothing is in the sub folders for either game.

Thought about looking at the restore menus but from reading about them they would wipe the whole ps3 and as some seem to be working didn't think this would help much.

one repair company i contacted for advice said it may be worth using toothpaste on the discs? not sure if this works?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27 (2,979 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

LOL I wouldn't listen to any 'wreck your console so they get it in to repair it company' :smileyvery-happy:

Maybe trade or get rid of these games and source another copy of the same game if they're important to you.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27 (2,974 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Still in it's first year = Get it replaced as having a faulty BR drive. (n.b take one of the faulty games with you in case the vendor wants proof).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27 (2,970 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I've been able to swap the disc for the force unleashed and still the same problem. A while back i did try to download the demo for this but when i tried to install it i got an error message saying that the download was corrupted/not there so i deleted it.

Is it possible that this has somehow affected the hard drive in relation to this game?

I had a look on the restore menu and rebuilt the database which it said was corrupted but this hasn't fixed it. Is it worth backing up game saves and doing a reformat of the hard drive?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27 (2,955 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Tried the reformat - didn't work. Spoke to Sony - said it may be software or hard drive corruption and that I should try a reformat. After saying that didn't work they said it would be hardware so going to replace the unit. Really quick turnaround offered so hopefully all sorted!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27 (2,931 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

This is a sign of it about to break. happened to me and sony sent me a refurb one which works perfectly

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel® Core™ i7-990x (3.46GHz, 12MB, 6.4GT/sec)
English Genuine Windows® 8 64 BIT
Dual 6GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX Titan
6144MB (3x2GB) 1866MHz DDR3 Tri Channel
512GB Solid State Drive Raid 0 "Stripe" Dual HDD - (2x256GB)
256GB Solid State SATA Additional Drive
Blu-Ray RW (Blu-ray, DVD, CD read & write) & 24X DVD+/-RW
Killer™ 2100 Network Card
Soundblaster XFi Titanium PCIe card

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27 (2,923 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

A little advice.

While most games & DVD's people have may have minor scratches on them,  The PS3 & game manual/ guides CLEARLY state you shouldn't put ANY scratched or damaged discs in your machine.

Try to remember these discs can cost up to £50 - And as such should be looked after accordingly.

I do not own a single Game ,DVD , or Blu-ray disc with so much as a smudge on them.

They only get scratched or damaged through lack of care taken.

Perhaps check the Discs for damage 'in store'  if you must buy pre-owned.

I don't know any stores that will even accept scratched Discs for trade in,

So there's no way i'd accept a Scratched Disc from them.

Just be more careful what you put in the machine & everything should be fine - barring BR lens/ drive failure. :Thumbs:

Montage Mik - PS3-Theme.com
"The man in the Hood plunges Blade into spine ......Look over your shoulder ,Cause you're Next in line ! "
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27 (2,903 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same thing happened to me mate, first it was Guitar Hero 5 only, then gradually 3 or 4 others, then a brand new Red Dead Redemption to now, absolutely nothing loads. I phoned Sony today (saturday) and told them the problem, they've arranged for a courier to deliver a re-manufactured replacement 120gb PS3 slim and uplift my faulty one at the same time on tuesday all for a ten minute phone call mate. My advice, phone Sony and let them deal with the problem because it will get worse rather than better and I tried everything from air dusters to file restore to backing up my data, wiping the entire hard drive and restoring it again with not one bit of joy.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27 (2,859 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i know wat u mean i dont use mine very much but mine doesnt play kz3, ff13, or uncharted3 now it plays blackops and DCUO. i put disc in tries to load and spin disc, when it does spin it clicks makes eject noise, tries to load again and then nothing...im very angry at this and ive already reset. i dont know wat 2 do.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27 (1,725 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Ive got the same problem.

Some of the games would load on the start up menu and work correctly.

Most of the others will load on the start up menu, then either it would be a black screen, or a frozen picture, or in portal 2's case a warning sign.

I bought a new ps3 and the exact same games dont load.

Must be the disks are corrupted. Maybe a virus from the playstation network.

It wouldnt be scratches cause ive borrowed games that have been scratched as ***** and still work

And definitely not the laser, thats just a con a repair company says to get you to replace it.

Lol, probably a conspiracy theory but i wouldnt be surprised if sony is behind this

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27 (1,490 Views)
0 Kudos