19 Apr 2008
By: supersaif Member 438 Posts
Level 1

PS3 vs nintendo wii vs xbox 360

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 1,013 Views edited 19-04-2008

here is my opinion

Wii- Has a great library of games, the greatest titles in gaming history availible, has the Virtual Console, bringing back memories from the early 80's from the NES to the Nintendo 64, Neo Geo, Sega genesis/master system, turbografix 16, etc. Wii also has a multitude of features which you can read up on at www.wii.com
Wii has okay online, nothing compared to what PSN and 360 has to offer, but the offline games created by NINTENDO will usually last you at least 30 hours (Zelda: Twilight princess takes around 70 hours to get everything for me)
It has an internet channel supposedly superior to the PS3's but i don't see a difference. It has 512mb of internal memory which may seem like nothing but it can fit around 50 game saves + 30 virtual console games + Wii Ware Channels. Supports 480p. The Wii runs whisper quiet. it has a brand new controller that is fun to learn and alot of games now have the option to use gamecube controllers.

They treat world wide equal

360 This system has the best online service so far...but it costs a monthly fee or around $5 USD. Only supports 720p but thats only what most games so far can output. Has a plethora of games since it has been out for a year or two longer than the other two systems. 75% of these games are shooters. Can play DVDs, CDs, and there is a $34 HD DVD drive availible now that HDDVD has lost the format war. Apparently 360 has won the "Best Controller ever" award which i think is  fake because me and everyone i know hates it. At points, the 360's fan sounds like a jet taking off but....meh. it has a couople different versions, i would suggest the Normal 20gb model. the Elite is a waste of money as it has too MUCH memory for games that dont take up alot of space, and if you have an MP3 player, you can save yourself space by just hooking up the player to your 360 and play music directly from it.

They treat world wide equal

PS3 Wow, this system is a beast. its very large yet it doesnt weigh too much. It has a Blu-ray drive in it (costs around $400 USD) It has 75% of the games 360 has (but less of them) and it has few exclusives that are worth two. Its a great system as it can output at 1080p, has an HDMI port.  It can sync up to PSPs, and can play most all media/movie discs. The exclusives coming this year will definatly make this the biggest year of all since beginning of the next generation. www.ps3.com should have more info.
you can put Movies, MP3s, and Pictures on your PS3 and view em anwhere you can hook your PS3 up. Now that Blu-ray has won the format war, the cost of the DVDs should go down, so if you have an HDTV, i would suggest Blu-ray for very action-y or super special effects movies. The online is second best, basically same as XBL but you dont have to pay and there aren't that many servers.

The bad thing about the PS3 is that they don't treat everywhere the same they only treat USA and Japan well and Europe like dirt.

Message Edited by supersaif on 19-04-2008 02:11 AM
Message Edited by supersaif on 19-04-2008 02:18 AM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (1,013 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: PS3 vs nintendo wii vs xbox 360

No offence but... whats the point in this thread?
SPLITTERS!!JOIN THE REVOLUCION
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (994 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

i bet this gets blocked
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (989 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

when is home out?

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG BLEARYSTEVEEIRE

STEAM ID: BLEARYSTEVE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (987 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Well the point is I am saying the good qualities of each console.

Both Nintendo and Microsoft have been treating every equal world wide.

Sony hasn't been treating world wide the same they only treat USA and Japan good and Europe they keep leaving us out on lots of things like the PS3 80GB, Dual shock 3, playstation store ect.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (983 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

xbox 360 does support 1080p with HDMI. i got one i know. and the new falcon HDMI ones don't sound as bad as they did.
Xbox Live: iRED7i
Steam: ADZ2991
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (968 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

Contradiction?

"Wow, this system is a beast. its very large yet it doesnt weigh too much"

"It has 75% of the games 360 has (but less of them)"

Think i had a bike less then my ps3 :smileytongue:  , games ? where?, i can only find like 30 'ish to ps3 and 200+ on xbox?

Message Edited by Baka_TuT on 19-04-2008 03:26 AM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (966 Views)
0 Kudos