PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

05 Feb 2013
By: Melow100 Member 5 Posts
Level 1

PS4 and RPG/JRPG's

9 Replies 2636 Views Created 05-02-2013

I was a big fan of the PS1/PS2 RPG/JRPG's and it's the number 1 reason that I joined the PlayStation club (as you will), with the PS3's it had tons of great RPG's/JRPG's but just not like the PS1/PS2, clearly it's not Sony's job to convince third party company's to make RPG/JRPG's for the system but do you think Sony will bring back Dark Cloud 3, Rogue Galaxy 2 for PS4, as well as the PS4 getting tons of great RPG/JRPG's for the PS4?

http://i.imgur.com/8fhWlfB.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (2,636 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: PS4 and RPG/JRPG's

no thanks, jrpgs are proper stupid, terrible storylines, endless grinds etc.

suikoden on the ps1 was ok, the first wild arms was good as well. Everything since then has been terrible.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (2,594 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Dark Cloud 3 yes please.

The rest I am not botherd about but if it helps sales as many do like them why not? Does not mean you have to buy them if you don't like JRPG/RPG but many will.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (2,580 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

poker_1987 wrote:

With a post like that, I take it you weren't born in 1987?

Hopefully, now that Level 5 have seen that JRPGs can sell well worldwide (Ni No Kuni) they might re-introduce some of their iconic franchises back to the Playstation.

A follow up to Dark Chronicle or a Dragon Quest X port would sell bucketloads.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (2,568 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

THE_FORCE wrote:

poker_1987 wrote:

With a post like that, I take it you weren't born in 1987?

Hopefully, now that Level 5 have seen that JRPGs can sell well worldwide (Ni No Kuni) they might re-introduce some of their iconic franchises back to the Playstation.

A follow up to Dark Chronicle or a Dragon Quest X port would sell bucketloads.

They would be awesome. I'm really hopeful for Persona 5, I thought 4 was amazing x

Twitter: xMissCarlyNx Steam: PinkPrincess81
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (2,541 Views)
Level 6

poker_1987 wrote:

... endless grinds etc.

sounds like a rockstar game

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (2,535 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

ps4 and playstation in general will probably remain the spiritual home of jrpgs, just because (i assume) it will continue to be bigger than xbox in japan.

How many of them reach us is the question unfortuantly.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (2,500 Views)
0 Kudos

I know, I'm not picking up a console until they have three decent and exclusive jrpgs. I have a pc and the only draw I have to any console is fighting games, and jrpgs. I do miss those classic ps1 days and I go to consoles for that type of thing, otherwise pc does a great job of providing all the AAA games as any console.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (472 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I suppose once the PS4 is out in the wilds of Japan market we could start seeing these, also with no region locking could be your key to getting a chunk of games in.  I think you may need to start learning mandarin... or any other citrus fruits you feel appropriate.

Not a member of the 9pack
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (467 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

aaron9992000 wrote:

ps4 and playstation in general will probably remain the spiritual home of jrpgs, just because (i assume) it will continue to be bigger than xbox in japan.

How many of them reach us is the question unfortuantly.

I would say the home of JRPGs is now in the Nintendo handhelds. PS1 and PS2 used to be the JRPG devices to get, but the PS3 JRPGs been relatively weak, and instead it's the Nintendo DS that got several nice ones and I won't be surprised if that continues with the 3DS soon (takes a while to develop good JRPGs after all).

I find this a bit unfortunate, as I very much prefer to play infront of the big screen and I bought the PS3 for JRPGs but it never really quite delivered. I mean, Ni no Kuni was nice and all, but I enjoyed Lost Odyssey for the 360, Xenoblade for the Wii and numerous DS titles like Dragon Quest IX & Radiant Historia more. A far cry from the PS1&PS2 days when all the good JRPGs were released for Playstation (with the exception of Skies of Arcadia I suppose).

I was rather peeved when Konami announced 3 HD Collections back in 2011 and none of them was a Suikoden HD Collection, my favorite JRPG series by far. Suikoden 1, 2 & 5 are masterpieces. Would also love to see these games re-released on PSN, since it offer PS1&PS2 games now. Overall I find the amount of JRPGs on PSN rather lacking too, no Suikoden, no Chrono Cross, no Dragon Quest VIII and so on, very unfortunate.

Anyway, SCEE did bring us a few PS3 JRPGs like White Knight Chronicles 1&2, and will hopefully continue to do so for the PS4, even if I didn't particulary enjoy these two games myself as I found them to be rather weak JRPGs.

And I they will do so within the first few years, cause without JRPGs I don't have any reason to buy a console. For the western games I use the PC.

All signatures sucks, especially those with images in them.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (444 Views)
0 Kudos