PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

Level 3

Re: PSM3 Review Scores - March 2010 - Issue 124

Happy that MX vs. ATV Reflex got a good review, been playing it since christmas and it's the most realistic motocross game I have ever played.

www.twitter.com/lukeparfitt
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 53 (20,071 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Well from reading a reviews from people that have got past the first 5 hours of the game its awesome, it has one of the best endings and final boss battles since FFVI, the best music of any final fantasy to date which is saying something.  Also you can go anywhere and in fact if you want to do everything you have to go back and revisit places you cisited before.

There are areas so vast that you need a chocobo to get across and so much that you can easily miss  in these areas, there is over 30 hours of side missions and quests that open up new areas too

But for some reviewers to give it 4/10 is just pathetic, especially when you see what other games they gave 5 or more out of 10 to..

Im story and character driven too and this is aparantly one of the best FF storylines with really believable characters and fast paced combat, there will be challenges that you will not be able to do when you first find them that will require you to come back much much later in the game when u uber enuf..  Also the sphere system of leveling up seems a lot more advanced than previous versions in the fact you can choose what path to level up and how much....  Of course by the tiem im done all my characters will have all paths completely unlocked lol ..

Im really excited about this game..

Heavy Rain i like the demo but the controls are way off for me, doesnt mean i wont buy the game i have the limited edition on order, im there for the story and characters and plot. 

Bayonetta got 93% review and to be honest after finishing it i couldnt wait to trade it in, the game was complete junk, yet darksiders that got 70% was an awesome game that i played through multiple times and ended up gettingthe plat on.. 

I wish they judged games o nthe game themselves like they did with uncharted, which is just a blatant and i mean blatant rip of of tomb raider it brings nothing new to the table yet its 10/10, which i think it deserves because its a brilliant game even tho its just a blatant copy of another title.

"Play you like a violin, I did."
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 53 (19,928 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Yeah, also a bit shocked about the FXIII score, but if it is indeed only that score because of the linearity then I couldn't care less. TBH, I like linear FF because the story is normally pretty engaging (kinda like MGS). I wouldn't like a linear Western RPG though, because I think they are truly made for exploration.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Across The Blue Ocean Blog
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 53 (19,895 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

and Bioshock 2 topped 'em all = happy :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 53 (19,780 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Could you be so kind as to PM it to me please also :smileyvery-happy: (the FF review)

I hope it is similar to FFXII as that was the game that hooked me in
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 53 (19,680 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 53 (19,670 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Dantes Inferno beat FFXIII

wow at FFXIII score...

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 53 (19,658 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

BE-SOC wrote:
Mine came this morning - nice to see one magazine not going nuts over FFXIII. They also mention Dantes Inferno is under 6 hours long, which is a bit of a shame for a game with no multiplayer...

Really looking forward to Heavy Rain now - looks stunning, especially as i loved Farenheit :smileyhappy:
All I've seen is magazines slating FF, it sounds just like any other FF really but I guess it's cool to slate JRPGs! The only thing holding it back is the 360. I'm pretty sure they could of crammed more stuff onto the discs and make the game a bit worse on the 360 though I mean we get shi**y 360 ports :smileytongue: What's with the MAG score though? Did they get killed online a lot? I'm not buying it but the beta was really good xD
Thank you to DirectPriest for the best contender for a christmas no.1: http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 53 (19,637 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Send me PM with scans please.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 53 (19,571 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I'm amazed that they are scoring FFXIII as "low" as 70% seeing as they must know that scoring a game less than 90% means it's a "failure" in most people's eyes.

If it's just the linearity then I don't mind. FFX was one of the best games of the series, on a par with VII. Either way I've got to buy it as decent RPGs are scarce.
PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 53 (19,561 Views)
0 Kudos