10 Aug 2011

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PSN ID name change?

70 Replies 22,966 Views Created 10-08-2011

Hey, is there any way at all or can I get in touch with Sony to change my PSN ID?

Thanks

:Help:

Stay your Blade from the Flesh of an Innocent.
Hide in Plain Sight.
Never Compromise the Brotherhood.
Live by the creed...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 71 (22,966 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN ID name change?

No, the Online ID (in your case Jerryman_27) can never be changed.

You are able to change your sign-in ID (email address) but if you want a different Online ID, you will need a new PSN account.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 71 (22,958 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I think it would be a little cooler if you was aloud to change it by paying like $2 or something in PS shop. :l

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 71 (22,941 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

no sony will never do this i asked this question to sony as i ve had problems also as my name got chanced by sony without informing me i asked if i could have a new name as mine was not created by me and there answer was no

Its all about money as if u want a new name you have to create a new account therefor everything you have downloaded wont work unless you buy it again bit crafty if you ask me. I argued for weeks with them untill they phoned me and basicly called me a lier and told me even tho i didnt create the name i was given i was stuck with it and they wouldnt do anything about it even tho i still have problems signing into it to this day ( i recored to convo on my mobile to back me up just have to figure out how to download it to my computer ).

Sony dont care about customers problems they only care about taking our money sorry about the rant just wanted to warn you before you ring sony or anything as you would just be wasting time and money.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 71 (22,926 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sony, nor anyone else, can change an Online ID.
The person that creates the account, creates the Online ID and it can never be changed.
You can still use any DLC you have purchased with your original account, if your original account remains on your PS3. You'd end up with two PSN accounts on the one console.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 71 (22,918 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

To be honest, I've phoned PlayStation Support quite a few times because I'm still getting my head around the Network, Store etc. and they're always friendly and helpful.  I know they cannot change an Online ID once it's created. Think they were just following their processes.

Please use plain text.
3 Kudos
Message 6 of 71 (22,898 Views)
3 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

ArmyOfDarkness62 wrote:

no sony will never do this i asked this question to sony as i ve had problems also as my name got chanced by sony without informing me i asked if i could have a new name as mine was not created by me and there answer was no

Its all about money as if u want a new name you have to create a new account therefor everything you have downloaded wont work unless you buy it again bit crafty if you ask me. I argued for weeks with them untill they phoned me and basicly called me a lier and told me even tho i didnt create the name i was given i was stuck with it and they wouldnt do anything about it even tho i still have problems signing into it to this day ( i recored to convo on my mobile to back me up just have to figure out how to download it to my computer ).

Sony dont care about customers problems they only care about taking our money sorry about the rant just wanted to warn you before you ring sony or anything as you would just be wasting time and money.

Upload it to youtube so I can hear you argue about a name you didn't create and get shut down compeletely. If you don't like your online ID, create a new one. Why you would let anyone else make it for you is beyond me. Also if you've listened to your recording, It'd be interesting to hear them call you a liar. I'm certain most customer support wouldn't be able to do that. You're probably just taking that away from your experience. Chances are they havn't called you a liar but only you know with your ''recording''.

''Only after disaster can we be resurrected.'' - Tyler Durden.
Please use plain text.
2 Kudos
Message 7 of 71 (22,870 Views)
2 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Uh oh.....there goes your friends list :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 8 of 71 (22,835 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i dont believe it is concrete because i know some how had their name changed by sony because it had swearing in it and got past the sensors. i believe it was changed on the same account.
sig
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 71 (22,803 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Are you sure they had their PSN ID name changed? Or did they get new accounts with less offensive names?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 71 (20,237 Views)
0 Kudos