Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN downloads decreased from 5 activated PS3's to 2

[ Edited ]

RONNYNS wrote:
““Sony Computer Entertainment plans to provide a new PlayStation Network account management website where users will be able to deactivate particular devices attached to their PlayStation Network account via their PC.””

disaster is waiting....

lol whether it works or not (theres bound to be confusion and/or errors and/or small print in there somewhere x)), lots of people have been asking for something like this. its sounds like a really useful addition, hopefully it works out well.

as for the 2 account activation thingy, cutting down on them sounds like a cool idea. at least this way we can all keep a better eye on which ones are activated and maybe its less likely users will get in a pickle with the whole thing too.

not sure if many people rely on 5 consoles activated at once? must be a small number of folks. but more than one per account is probably essential.

KillzoneAM!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 86 (757 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Danlisa wrote:
I'll put money on the fact that you'll need the serial number of the PS3 to be deactivated. I just can't see Sony allowing us to deactivate devices easily. :smileywink:

Was thinking this aswell

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 86 (754 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I have had 4 60gb ylod on and sent to sony only account I have now is on this slim, has long has this dont affect me am ok with it.

Case: Corsair Carbide 500r/MB: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3/CPU: i5 2500k/GPU: XFX HD7950 DD/Cooling: Corsair H80/Ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB/PSU: Corsair HX850w / 2TB Seagate Sata3 HDD+250GB Samsung Evo/Audio: Asus Xonar DS/Corsair Vengeance 1500
Steam-shankly1985 - Psn-shankly1985
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 86 (750 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

What about if it shows you the mac address linked to your account or even serial. you then just in my case select all but my slim and de-activate

Danlisa wrote:
I'll put money on the fact that you'll need the serial number of the PS3 to be deactivated. I just can't see Sony allowing us to deactivate devices easily. :smileywink:

Case: Corsair Carbide 500r/MB: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3/CPU: i5 2500k/GPU: XFX HD7950 DD/Cooling: Corsair H80/Ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB/PSU: Corsair HX850w / 2TB Seagate Sata3 HDD+250GB Samsung Evo/Audio: Asus Xonar DS/Corsair Vengeance 1500
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 86 (738 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

shankly1985 wrote:

I have had 4 60gb ylod on and sent to sony only account I have now is on this slim, has long has this dont affect me am ok with it.

If they have any sense they'll deactivate long dormant YLOD accounts before they implement the changes, if they have sense.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 86 (738 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

So true. I only need 1 account 2 would be good like has a backup.

fski wrote:

shankly1985 wrote:

If they have any sense they'll deactivate long dormant YLOD accounts before they implement the changes, if they have sense.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 86 (727 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

how will it work? i have an account on a broken ps3. will i be able to deactivate it remotely now? cos that would be good, maybe like an option to deactive all devices once per year to stop people abusing it? didnt apple do that with itunes authorization or something??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 86 (724 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I think this is a good idea even though it does affect me.

I have 4 ps3's in my house and thinking about it there's not much of a bind in just deactivating one machine before I start up in another room.

It's a minor inconvenience but I can see the benefits.  I have an outstanding YLOD activation I can get rid of, My wife has outstanding YLOD activations on her account which we never cancelled as she doesn't really buy much. so we can get rid of them at the same time.

On the whole I support it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 86 (708 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The thing is, that "Sony Computer Entertainment plans to provide", which means it might take with Sony's time scale even a year or five years that this website system comes available. 

People have been demanding sub account upgrade for master account for adult users uhmm....wait....over four years, and still nothing have been done about it.

But for the main part, I think this limit change is a good thing, but it shouldn't exist before the systems can also be deactivated from the website.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 86 (708 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

What a load off crap,  I have 3 ps3's 2 psp's and was going to get the vita,  can forget that now and no more store games for me if I can't download it and put it on the devices I own in one house Sony = big fat fail yet again.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 86 (696 Views)
0 Kudos