Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: PlayStation Slim owners - Feedback required!

Just look at mine but not Quick Start Guide ^_^ Is it a Vissy Joke or something like that :smileyvery-happy: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 45 (724 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Mine could still be in the box under the bed. As someone earlier posted, I owned a launch model previously so delved straight in. What would it looked like? I prob would have read it as I do get a bit sad like that sometimes.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 45 (723 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Did I read it? No, but then I didn't need to as I was replacing a Phat.

Personally, I think it's un-needed in paper form, although it's a requirement for people new to the PS3 and don't have a working knowledge of the PS3.

I would suggest that a single/first boot time guide be added to all new PS3s, guiding the new user through all aspects of PSN account creation, device registration and quick run down of PSN content and services (we all know Sony like to pimp those), perhaps even pausing/linking to the different areas at that moment.

HOWEVER, this must be skippable for an existing user/upgrading user etc.  Perhaps a question like "Are you new to the Playstation 3 / Playstation Network? Yes or No.  A little like the intro guide being used on PS Home these days.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 45 (723 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I also checked my 160GB and didn't find it, does it depend on the model? CECH-2503A is my model.
Signiture here

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 45 (708 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

It would appear this guide appeared in the models

CECH-3002A/CECH-3002B

CECH-3003A/CECH-3003B

Some of the first slims did not have this guide.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 45 (706 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

my ps3 (320gb model) didn't have such guide but i didn't pay much attention to be honest...i bought it on august and it replaced my old phat one (because of ylod).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 45 (705 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This is pretty annoying if you ask me. Everything that's wrong (not saying it's bad, I love it) with the PS3 or has been wrong or features people really want. And yet they are asking about a manual inside the box. How about making stuff easier like the new deactivation site were there is a button to deactivate a single PS3, yet it doesn't work and also you can't deactivate your video service. Maybe when stuff like that is sorted, then you can start improving manuals that probably 90% of people don't even read.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 45 (701 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

good idea a bit like the welcome messages you get on the newly installed OS ?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 45 (694 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I didn't use it, but I do think manuals are imperative in any electronic product.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 45 (688 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I'm sure I had a guide of some kind, I probably flicked through it while my boyfriend set it up for me. Don't remember anything that was in it though.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 45 (674 Views)
0 Kudos