20 Nov 2010
Playstation Staff

PlayStation has DIED within 3 weeks??

42 Replies 763 Views Created 20-11-2010

Okay, straight to the point:

My PLAYSTATION 3 SLIM IS NOT WORKINGI purchase dit Oct. 29th. its november 20th!! its not even been a month, what the frick man?

how it isn't working:

in the middle of watching The Apprentice on BBC iPlayer, my playstation 3 literally cut out. As if someone hit the switch at the wall. i went over to my playsation 3 slim and there was absolutely no lights, and when it cut out it never made any beeps or sound.  I pressed the power button, and the red dot light by the Power button returned.  I Pressed it again and it powered ON. after 5 seconds of powering on like it usually would (NO Loud fan, no odd sounds, nothing unusual) it just turns off. it cuts out. but there is NO BEEPS or flashing lights, no yellow light appears by the eject or power button. it just turns straight off!

i keep my playstation 3 WELL VENTILATED with atleast 5 inches of space all around it, and i have it sat on a cooling mat horizontal.

i have tried turning it back on several times and its still doing the same thing.. i intend to take it back as i assume it isnt goign to work again.

i don't want to hear any bs about "playstations don't break, its you"

i am just like anyone else here with typical electronics that work.  i bought an original 60gb ps3 back in august 2007, and that died back in september. i bought a new ps3 slim because i refuse to play the game of paying £150 for a fleeting working refurbished ps3 that will die again.

well this slim just bricked.

sony have a serious issue on there hands with their machines in the manufacturing process.

i don't know why other peoples ps3's arent bricking. i own 30 ps3 games and i am a medium to light user.  i dont play heavy time loads of call of duty, i actually have only been playing monopoly streets these past week or two.

and that is on the WII AND Xbox. and the wii atleast lasts.

whats going ON?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 43 (763 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PlayStation has DIED within 3 weeks??

Your playstation died.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 43 (737 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

unlucky m8 , take it back to the shop and get a replacement should be no problem...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 43 (736 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

"i don't know why other peoples ps3's arent bricking"

Because the PS3 has an amazingly low failure rate but as with anything technical ones bound to die every now and then? You got unlucky, better luck next time.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 43 (715 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

One word "warranty".

Send it back to the shop and get a replacement.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 43 (706 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Did you buy it in a shop or did you buy it used ie off some one ect ? , as your saying you dont want to pay sony £150 ?

ADD MY MAIN PSN ID HERE ------->
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 43 (699 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

When your out of warranty PS3 dies Sony charge £140 for a "Refurbished Console". OP stated he/she had a fat PS3 die on him/her previously, hence the slim.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 43 (696 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

it clearly isnt a low failure rate guys if it can die in 3 weeks..

and its my 2nd ps3

and TRUST ME i was like anyone else who had a working ps3 that hadnt died or given me a problem and thought "yeah everyones just been unlucky" well, you end up believing differently when your ps3 actually dies on YOU..

i will take it straight back to argos, i just can't believe a ps3 can die within 3 weeks, thats crazy.

i'v built a computer, own a laptop, and a hdtv, all the usual gadgets a ps3 owner would own, nothing of mine breaks.

sony do have a problem, if it is a very low failure rate, then somepeople must be playstaiton-3-bricker magnets.

question: has my ps3 slim died of YLOD like my Fat ps3 did? i don't see any yellow light. and at the itme it broke down the slim wasnt even hot. it was moderately warm an quiet.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 43 (692 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

yea but did he/she buy a new slim or a used slim from a shop game ect , or did he buy it from some weby like ebay ect  ?

OP if its 3 weeks new out of the box from a shop just take it back no need to send it to sony bud , if not well looks like you will need to get sony to fix it m8 ...

ADD MY MAIN PSN ID HERE ------->
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 43 (689 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

A new born baby dies after 5 days, that must mean that theres a high death rate amongst infants in the western world! Right? No... Use your head mate.

A faulty console is a faulty console, and it'll almost always die after a certain period of time. But that portion of fauly consoles is very small.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 43 (688 Views)
0 Kudos