Is Muttykins trending yet?

#Muttykins

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 39 (584 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Playstation Network Party Chat

They cant do a party chat on a ps3 because of to little ram. the internal ram is only 256 and the video ram is only 256. There isnt any room for the party chat. but i think that they could just do a type of chat that you can be in the video chat and go play a game. they could the simply make a smaller box with the video and then you can play on call of duty for instense. Also i think that by removing the text chat room might help cause i find it a pain to have to text everything.:Sniper: Go to Http://www.youtube.com/tspec24 for more on this.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 39 (533 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

There has already been some games that done multiple sign-ins on the same consoles, It may be down to developers choice and not actually anything to do with the console or any limitations as i can remember reading somewhere that you can have have 7 people playing on the same console, (Needs verified).

As for those talking about "lack of RAM", well take a little look back to the 80's and see what the Commodore 64 was able to do with just 64bytes. from those 64bytes you got awesome games like the Last Ninja, Sly Spy, Robocop.. and those were tape cassette based games (dont say you dont know what that is LOL)..  so what Im getting at is You'd be very surprised at what these tech guys can do with just 64bytes... even if there was a spare 128K or 256K!!

Lets not forget that the PS3 when it launched had NO 3d... yet through a firmware update we now have it as well as lots of other little additions so you can't rule it out unless the guys who made the console say otherwise.

Although i have to say i was expecting it on the PS3 with the arrival of the PS Vita... hasn't happend yet, but it still could.

As for actually having "party chat", as i remember on xbox360 being in a party was ok when playing the same game so you didnt have to listen to anyone else nerd raging at you etc, but when ever someone joined who was playing a different game it started to lag a little, then lag more with each new person who joined the party chat.

I'm not bothered about having it or not as i dont see a problem with playing the same game and using the already existing chat system in game... though it would be nice to be able to use the party chat to run through a single player game (Skyrim for example) with some friends who are playing it as well.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 39 (516 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

I hope CGC never appears in the future on PS4 or whatever. A lot of people say it's killing in game voice comms on the 360 because people are privately chatting fart and not communicating on the game their playing.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 39 (507 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Sony have said, officially, that it will never happen

Therefore........ </end thread>

#Muttykins

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 39 (505 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

FooFan73 wrote:

#Muttykins

Got a link to that official statement for everyone else to read?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 39 (503 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

emw80 wrote:

FooFan73 wrote:

#Muttykins

Got a link to that official statement for everyone else to read?

Why are you questioning me? You've been here long enough to know it's true

However, because I'm feeling in a generous mood:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1189293p1.html

http://www.edge-online.com/news/sony-explains-lack-ps3-cross-game-chat

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-19-why-the-ps3-cant-do-cross-game-voice-chat

Need any more?

http://tinyurl.com/PS3xGChat

http://tinyurl.com/PS3xGChat2

EDIT: Sorry, just realised you may not have been actually challenging me. I hate the way that sometimes we can all read text and take it the wrong way

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 39 (502 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I would question AND challenge GOD and everything under GOD.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA.... ok, no i was just asking for you to post the link so everyone can see for themselves.

But, I wouldn't rule it out in future... even if that future means PS4.. I really did expect it to be added in a FW when the Vita was released seeing as it has it.. you know all this talk of seemless connectivity.. or was that something else.. anyway back to Starwars the force unleashed 2 i got from the store for under a 10er!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 39 (487 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

With the PS4 hype train starting to build momentum, I would not expect too much in the way of new features for the PS3. The PS4 will have this feature and so much more and there will be many reasons to upgrade to the next gen :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 39 (483 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

^ Many useless apps and addons that we dont need no doubt. The PS3 freezes enough as it is just through using the browser.. Not to mention the lag when you open up the XMB in certain games. All i want is a console, not a pc or a machine that lets me ***** about cutting and adding effects to pictures.. just concentrate on getting the best in there for the games.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 39 (465 Views)
0 Kudos