01 Apr 2008
By [Zaeem]

Playstation Staff

Ps3 Tech Support Line - Great Service

5 Replies 293 Views Created 01-04-2008
Unfortunately i am one of the few (i hope) who's BD drive has messed up. Im not even a frequent user so its was kinda weird last night when as i was abt to switch off the machine, i quit cod 3, it locked n next time i restarted, the drive wouldnt read anything.

Called up support this morning and after a 2minute conversation answering a couple of simple questions, i had a date of collection for my faulty console and a delivery date of a refurb one (same day as collection).

Roll on friday, im lucky i get to work from home or else the collection woulda been a lot more awkward.

Id just like to say Well done to the guys behind tech support, having ur ps3 messing up is very frustrating and the last thing u want is someone questioning ur use of the console, they were extremely helpful. Thanks again!!! :Thumbs:

Will let you guys know how the refurb works on friday! Im considering getting 'continuous play' before the warranty runs out.

p.s. I have the 60GB PS3, jus felt like braggin lol seein as this is my first post!:smileyvery-happy:
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 Tech Support Line - Great Service

That's cool. Nice to hear a good comment about sony once in a while.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Sony Customer Service was excellent when my launch day PS3 died a few weeks later. I have told plenty of others that no matter what you can't fault their customer care line :smileywink:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

ye top customer care service, i got my refurb one yesterday. it just looks like a brand new one. :Thumbs:
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (293 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

lol cant fault it. When i ha dmy faulty one it took them about 2 weeks to replace it.They never phoned me back i had to phone them.And they just told me i had one fault on the console never listed the others so did they just try one thing?I'll never know.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thats good to know. Are they replacing your 60gb with another refurbed 60gb or a 40gb?

Is it me or have more started dying in exactly that way after the update? Havent heard of many problems but since the last update a few people have had the drive die.

Most of the worlds problems are caused by people who drive Nissan Micras

XBL: Saniman360
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (293 Views)
0 Kudos