26 Oct 2011

Playstation Staff

Ps3 YlOD

7 Replies 368 Views Created 26-10-2011

hello guys!

i just got ylod again. i had it once and paid 120 and got a new one. Now it happened again and i want a new one for free. i find this disgraceful. i would paid 60-80 pounds. im really sad because mw3 is coming out and all of these awesome games!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (368 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 YlOD

ThereComing wrote:

hello guys!

i just got ylod again. i had it once and paid 120 and got a new one. Now it happened again and i want a new one for free. i find this disgraceful. i would paid 60-80 pounds. im really sad because mw3 is coming out and all of these awesome games!

If your PS3 Is still in warranty, take it back. 

Super simples.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (363 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

for the the next replacement, please try this....

1.] Place your Ps3 flat - Not verticle! This will push more air into your system.

Even better, get something hard and flat (not too large), then raise it above the table. This will also allow cold / cool air to circulate. (Hot air will eventually hug your PS3 and cause YLOD. Be careful. So raise it off the table.)

2.] Keep the head of your PS3 clear from obstruction.

3.] Don't use higher RPM HDD - ie: 7200rpm++

4.] Use power-surge to protect your PS3. (I know it may sound stupid. But, it will help in some way and reduce YLOD).

-------------------------------------------
Lair360 Product Reviews, Unboxing & Tutorials Click Here
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (358 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Mine just died too :smileysad:  

I only got it 3 weeks ago as a replacement for my last one which died not long ago (day 1 60gb, it was a good soldier :smileysad: ). I didn't have to pay anything as I have continous play, but it's still a pain that they sent me a refurb which was clearly not very well refurbed!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (351 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Here is a photo of my PS3 raised off the table for better circulation. :smileyvery-happy:

*Cough* It's actually comming up to 5 years - not 6... -.-'

IMG_6775a.jpg

-------------------------------------------
Lair360 Product Reviews, Unboxing & Tutorials Click Here
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (345 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

lair360 wrote:

Here is a photo of my PS3 raised off the table for better circulation. :smileyvery-happy:

*Cough* It's actually comming up to 5 years - not 6... -.-'

IMG_6775a.jpg

and by the looks of it... 5-6 years worth of dust built up. No wonder these things are YLODing :smileyvery-happy:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69344 - Please sign

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (318 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

stevenhiggster wrote:

Mine just died too :smileysad:  

I only got it 3 weeks ago as a replacement for my last one which died not long ago (day 1 60gb, it was a good soldier :smileysad: ). I didn't have to pay anything as I have continous play, but it's still a pain that they sent me a refurb which was clearly not very well refurbed!

I have Cont Play too, this meant that since 2008 I have received 5 PS3's all refurbed by Sony, some last a while others only 4m, the last time I had to get in touch to get my system activations back so that I could redownload all my games etc from the Store. Anyway I decided last month to trade the old girl in at GAME as they were offering £100 off a slim, best decision I ever made ref PS3's :smileyhappy: I now have a new slim for £79.99. For me at least the refurbs are shocking quality and always on the edge of getting YLOD - gaming should be fun rather than full of anxiety.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Once a PS3 has suffered the YLOD, It will almost certainly suffer the YLOD again in a relatively short time. The only remedy seems to be to replace it with a slim one or customize it with a liquid cooling modification.

I have had my 60GB reflowed and have since reflowed it myself. If you hear the fan speed increase, then your PS3 is getting too hot and the YLOD is imminent.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (263 Views)
0 Kudos