17 Feb 2013

Playstation Staff

Ps3 controller wont turn on

12 Replies 515 Views Created 17-02-2013
Hi ive got 2 ps3 controllers that one just wont turn on at all & one that i press the ps button dont turn on plug in the usb cable & the leds just blink but wont sync to my ps3 i was using it fine this morning then it just stopped working has anyone got any ideas ive even clicked the reset button on the back of the controller by the top middle screw on both my controllers thanks
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (515 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 controller wont turn on

azza0121_90 wrote:
Hi ive got 2 ps3 controllers that one just wont turn on at all & one that i press the ps button dont turn on plug in the usb cable & the leds just blink but wont sync to my ps3 i was using it fine this morning then it just stopped working has anyone got any ideas ive even clicked the reset button on the back of the controller by the top middle screw on both my controllers thanks

Sorry to hear, but you can try removing the battery and putting in another one ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWk4MBiu0a4"), video not by me. Hope this helps! Otherwise you'll need to get another controller.

My Gamercard;

Active once again.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (504 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Tried that i switched batterys & then its been doing this ive tried everything its about 2 months old
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (469 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

If its only two months old its still under warranty. Take it back to where you bought it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (466 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
If its only two months old its still under warranty. Take it back to where you bought it.

i never understand why people don't do this, always my first port of call if under 12 months

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (461 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Why would you have tried "changing the battery" already?

seeing as it's not removable, it wouldn't exactly be something I'd try without just taking it back?

Alsi, it sounds more like a usb cable issue to me.

1, because it won't sync when plugged in, and 2. doesn't sound like it's charging it either.

Are you using the original cable?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (456 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I wouldn't start taking things apart that are only a few months old which could possibly void the warranty. Common sense really.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (450 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Havent got the recipt took it back to game & they wouldnt swap it for a new one
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (440 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

How did you pay for it?

If you paid with a debit or credit card you can use your statement as proof of purchase to get either an exchange or refund
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (437 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

My PS3 controller is dead, it's 2 years old and doesn't hold a charge for more than 30 minutes :Argh:. It's not under warranty, so I'm just gonna get a new one.

Active once again.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (405 Views)
0 Kudos