Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 in entertainment unit

DjRalford wrote:

You can always carve out the back panels so your PS3 section has good airflow

could do but i was only getting one like this to hide cables and such

Twitter user and editor on EverythingPlaystation.com. Click my sig to take a look at EPS or my twitter!
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18 (332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

The PS3 really needs good ventilation all round, if you did get that cabinet i would defaintly remove the back, or at least cut away the back of the shelf that the PS3 would be sitting on.

As for those third party coolers ignore them, a complete waste of money as all they do are prey on people fears of their console overheating......some simple common sense will stop your console overheating.......just don't put it into a confined of badly ventilated space, it even states that in the manual.

Its that simple.

Message Edited by JPENCORE on 20-08-2008 08:49 AM

"I will bring the whole edifice down on their unworthy heads"
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18 (309 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

JPENCORE wrote:

From the looks of that pic its got a wooden back panel, so i for one would definitely not like to have my PS3 in it, especially with the amount of heat the PS3 churns out it would get extremely hot on that enclosed space in no time.

i agree.. would be ok if you did put on the backboard on it.. then the air could circulate ok.. i have something similar with no backboard and it is fine and doesnt over heat as long as it is sitting on its own shelf :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18 (299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Actually, I've got a great idea. You can buy this cabnet which I am too, move your TV along to the left and put your PS3 at the right side of the TV stood up. LOL, that's perfect.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18 (295 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

if you got a 40 gb ps3 then it will not overheat so it depends really on how long you play it and weather its a 40 gb
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18 (285 Views)
0 Kudos
NRD
Level 3

Playstation Staff

^ to the post above,that is simply rubbish.it dont matter which model ps3 you have. I have a launch ps3 sitting in a tv bench.its got a wooden back and my amp is next to it.still workin fine.if it got too hot for the ps3 it would simply turn off for a while!

**YLOD 19/8/09** **YLOD successfully ReFlow 29/8/09** **Brand New PS3 slim 1/9/09** **Slim Laser failed 31/10/09**
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18 (242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I personally keep my consoles out of closed spaces to let lots of air ventilation, but whatevs it's up to you.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18 (217 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i got it and cut out the section of the backboard the ps3 is in

Twitter user and editor on EverythingPlaystation.com. Click my sig to take a look at EPS or my twitter!
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18 (173 Views)
0 Kudos