Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Psn to charge..........i have proof

I agree theres no proof, however we would be naive to believe it isnt something they havent looked into or are nato considering  introducing.

The extra revenue stream would give them a much needed cash injection, which could be put to good use improving things.

But every day sony dont announce officially that there will be a premium service is good news.

They could easily add a premium service with exclusive gold member only DLC for games,

"Play you like a violin, I did."
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 34 (299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Currently, pretty much the only thing PSN  really has going for it over LIVE is that it's free. If that's taken away then thats a selling point lost. For a console thats been trailing behind in the market you want to be gaining consumers not driving them away to the competition.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 34 (296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sony have always made a big deal about PSN being free, if they do start some sort of subscription service then I would expect the PSN in it's current for to remain free and people who subscribe to receive some sort of extras.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 34 (289 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/6174.html

Sony boss Kaz Hirai has indeed confirmed their plans to introduce a premium online service of some kind, as reported by GameSpot. This new "premium level" will be added to the current PSP and PS3 Network service and no, this won't have any impact on Sony's continued "free to play" theory. If you wish to play games online, it still won't cost you a dime

Message Edited by junglemungquay on 28-11-2009 06:16 PM
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 34 (282 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

LevelLoad wrote:

Currently, pretty much the only thing PSN  really has going for it over LIVE is that it's free. If that's taken away then thats a selling point lost. For a console thats been trailing behind in the market you want to be gaining consumers not driving them away to the competition.

You post fails on so many levels.

Firstly, nothing is being taken away, what we have today will remain free.

Secondly, you seem to think that PSN is inferior to the chargable Xbox Live (many, myself included would disagree on this), however the implication being that if they charged, they could make it the same as or better than Xbox Live.

So what's your point?  Seems like you want it both ways, you want it remain free AND be better than Xbox Live...  It's that spoilt kid mentality?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 34 (263 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

DirkPitt39 wrote:

LevelLoad wrote:

You post fails on so many levels.

Firstly, nothing is being taken away, what we have today will remain free.

Secondly, you seem to think that PSN is inferior to the chargable Xbox Live (many, myself included would disagree on this), however the implication being that if they charged, they could make it the same as or better than Xbox Live.

So what's your point?  Seems like you want it both ways, you want it remain free AND be better than Xbox Live...  It's that spoilt kid mentality?

Firstly, I know that nothing is being taken away. Read my first post in this thread, my second is about if they WERE going to do change to a similar account system as LIVE. Secondly, who's to say that it'd be equal to or better than LIVE if so? It could be worse and still cost money, if they did apply that setup.  Personally, I'm happy with PSN and will continue to be aslong as It remains free to play online. Which I believe it will. However I think LIVE is a better service. I'm Not asking PSN to be like LIVE at all and remain free.   Also, why the hell is it when I press enter it only brings my entire post downwards? Tis' rather annoying.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 34 (250 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The money from subscriptions can be used to gain partnerships with various providers.

I hope they do introduce a premium service, I for one would  be happy to pay.

Hell they could throw in free platinum game downloads for premium members.

I would happily pay for extra DLC for my favorite games..

I cant wait for them to inroduce it too, i dont believe its an IF question but a WHEN question..

"Play you like a violin, I did."
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 34 (233 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
maybe the new premium service will include the ability to sync your trophies properly first time with no errors :smileytongue:
Message Edited by chalky83 on 28-11-2009 07:20 PM
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 34 (224 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

TheNomadic1 wrote:

The money from subscriptions can be used to gain partnerships with various providers.

I hope they do introduce a premium service, I for one would  be happy to pay.

Hell they could throw in free platinum game downloads for premium members.

I would happily pay for extra DLC for my favorite games..

I cant wait for them to inroduce it too, i dont believe its an IF question but a WHEN question..

Free platinium games? i thought they were going to introduce the premium service for profit not for loss and what exactly prevents u heading to the PSN-store and buy some extra DLC right now?

My requests for SONY: 1) Integrate PlayStation3 and your 400 disc MEGACHANGER, Im way too lazy to switch game BDs, u could call it forexample MEGASTATION. 2) Build Specialized Fat-AiBO which has MEGASTATION in belly and two projectors as eyes for 3D projection in any given room of the house. You can call them PLAiBO.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 34 (195 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

In my eyes, Sony should have a base model PS3 which is the current one then a top of the line PS3 which has PS2, SACD compatability extra USB ports etc.. Like the originals had! Rather than 2 models that only differ in harddrive size

I'd buy one for sure!

As for subscription stuff, movie & ps1 titles rented from the shop would be a great idea. I've stopped buying any as my harddrives full. Renting would solve that problem  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 34 (135 Views)
0 Kudos