08 Apr 2007
By Neameto
Playstation Staff

SIXAXIS Charge via PC?!

18 Replies 1,268 Views Created 08-04-2007
Hello there!

I dont consider myself a noob in this but here´s a noob question!

I´ve heard we can charge the SIXAXIS via PC! So I´ve plug it to it and its 4 red leds are blinking!

How do I know its fully charged? Its my 2nd charge since i´ve had my PS3 since launch! 1st time I´ve left it to charge when I plug to the PS3 the first time!

By the way, my PC recognise the controller has Playstation contoller! Can I use the SIXAXIS in PC games??

Thanks for any help!

Be cool!
Q:Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19 (1,268 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: SIXAXIS Charge via PC?!

when youre on the XMB just tap the ps button, it shows charge.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19 (1,268 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yes, charging via PC works fine. The way you know when the controller is fully charged is that the 4 blinking red lights will turn off, you will see no lights, controller is then fully charged. About playing PC games, I'm sure there is a way yes, but none of us know yet because we havn't had it long enough to try, besides, we don't have drivers.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19 (1,268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Yes you can charge via USB and yes you can use the SIXAXIS in PC games, I use it for zSNES emulator.

You need the right driver, i'll zip it and host it as I can't remember the website address.

Driver: http://premium1.uploadit.org/philds//sixaxisdriver.zip

Don't worry about viruses etc, scan it before opening it, plus I wouldn't do that to fellow PS3 owners.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19 (1,268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yes, charging via PC works fine. The way you know when the controller is fully charged is that the 4 blinking red lights will turn off, you will see no lights, controller is then fully charged. About playing PC games, I'm sure there is a way yes, but none of us know yet because we havn't had it long enough to try, besides, we don't have drivers.

Thanks for the help!:Thumbs:
By the way you´re right! no time to think about pc games anymore! Its just that my PC is always on, convert files to MP4 so I can view them in my media center AKA PLAYSTATION 3 :smileyhappy: .

Be cool!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19 (1,268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

One thing to note, if it's paired with the PS3 and you connect it to your PC, it will no longer be paired with the PS3 and you won't be able to pair it again with the PS button.

The only way to fix this is by either turning the PS3 off and on again or simply connect it to the PS3 again using a USB cable.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19 (1,268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

One thing to note, if it's paired with the PS3 and you connect it to your PC, it will no longer be paired with the PS3 and you won't be able to pair it again with the PS button.

The only way to fix this is by either turning the PS3 off and on again or simply connect it to the PS3 again using a USB cable.[/QUOTE

WOW! U rock! :Thumbs:
Thanks man! Great info!
Q
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19 (1,268 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Cool, I'll have to look around for a Vista x64 driver and see if it works. Oh, does the tilt work or does it function as a standard DUALSHOCK(LESS)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19 (1,268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Cool, I'll have to look around for a Vista x64 driver and see if it works. Oh, does the tilt work or does it function as a standard DUALSHOCK(LESS)

I don't as I didn't make the driver and Windows doesn't show any activity if I move the controller around, however every single other button is mapped, as you can see in Control Panel. Even the analogue stick button presses work.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19 (1,268 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

at this time that driver does not support the sixasis but uses every other button. and this works great as i know because i use it for halo
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19 (1,270 Views)
0 Kudos