Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Screen Tearing???

Must be the price we payfor a nice TV :-) as well as a common PS3 engine issue. I remember the 360 when it first came out having horrible screen tearing issues,

It still does.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 53 (358 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Akira_Tenshi wrote:

Must be the price we payfor a nice TV :-) as well as a common PS3 engine issue. I remember the 360 when it first came out having horrible screen tearing issues,

It still does.

too right and its alot worse the any tearing on the PS3 !!! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 53 (352 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Sircoynie wrote:

frodouk wrote:

It's not a fault of the game, nor the hardware. Stop looking for these things and enjoy the games!!!

What? All i'm doing is mentioning a graphical glitch that in the past has been a sign of a GPU dieingfor me. So i come on here to ask if everyone else see's it and get an awkward responce like that off you. 

I help people on here all the time with technical issues and was just asking for some advice back.

If you are genuinely getting this problem then your problem is much bigger than the GPU dying. The GPU in the PS3 only really handles pixilation, most of the computation for the graphics is done by the CELL. However, even GT5 with its immense amount of pixilation, sharpness and colours suffers from aliasing (I think that's what its called) (when the lines aren't perfectly straight and seem to shimmer a bit). But that's because a computer can never draw a straight line - it has to make the lines out of pixels. Yes they can improve a lot - but when a line is at an angle - you will always get a little bit of it. 

As for 'screen tear'. I have never encountered a problem. Hmmmm... 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 53 (350 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

joff81 wrote:

Akira_Tenshi wrote:

It still does.

too right and its alot worse the any tearing on the PS3 !!! 

i cant agree with that. ive had noticeable screen tearing in 1, maybe 2 360 games at the most. uncharted on PS3 takes the cake for the most screen tearing ive seen.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 53 (345 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Now go and play Saints Row or Dead Rising on the 360... It makes Uncharted screen tearing look non existent!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 53 (343 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i have dead rising, and it is one of the ones that i have noticed it in, but its nowhere near as bad as uncharted. swing the view around nathan drake in uncharted for a few seconds and watch the game $hit itself :laugh:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 53 (340 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I disagree. Sorry. Looking at the signature of yours I wouldn't expect anything you to say any different though.

Yes Uncharted has screen tear, but I've seen far worse games on the 360 (and PC)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 53 (338 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

looking at yours i expect you to disagree :laugh:

uncharted is well known to have horrible screen tearing problems. dead rising has some, noones saying it doesnt, but it doesnt come close to uncharted. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 53 (336 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Agree to disagree me thinks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 53 (334 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have tearing when I'm playing on the old tv.. I thought it was some sort of problem with syncing for 50hz with scanlines. No tearing at all on my hdtv, though..
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 53 (318 Views)
0 Kudos