PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

06 Nov 2010
By: steven_dutch MVP 2481 Posts
Level 8

Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

105 Replies 13460 Views Created 06-11-2010

Not sure this is the right place to post it, but I'll do it anyways.

The Sims 3 (PS3) just froze on me whilst saving, therefore losing the save.
I selected the file I wanted the game to be saved on, and it just froze on the actual saving screen.

I therefore advise anyone playing the game on this platform to create multiples saves and backing up to make sure the loss isn't as great as mine :Frown:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 106 (13,460 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: Sims 3 Game Save Freezing *warning*

You sure it wasn't just saving? :Lol: Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 106 (13,456 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

shanethegooner schreef:

You sure it wasn't just saving? :Lol: Photobucket

:Confused:

Not sure what you're getting at.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 106 (13,432 Views)
0 Kudos

Yep I have the same problem. A google search reveals this is affecting lots of people, so it isn't just you.

When you go to save the screen comes up with the spinning icon and then just sits there. I have left it going over nearly two hours and in the end had to quit it.

How can EA release a game that won't let you save?

People have tried deleting their save data, deleting their game data and even getting a new copy of the game. Nothing works. Apparently the response from EA has been (I'll try to be polite) rather disappointing.

Looks like I'll have to return this game to the store for a full refund. I hope everyone else does the same. It appears to be the only way EA listens to its' customers anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 106 (13,356 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

It's crashed on me a few times resulting in me losing progress, make sure you save a lot. I haven't had it crash while saving, mostly while doing anything that requires being online.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 106 (13,327 Views)
0 Kudos

Have the same problem :Confused:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 106 (13,303 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

The game just froze up again on me on the Saving screen.

Guess I'm going to have to wait till a patch is made.

Hope the wait won't be too long.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 106 (13,246 Views)
0 Kudos

Hey Kids! Wanna know the real treat about Sims 3? I've found, by slogging through the game and being able to save less and less frequently, after tiny 5 minute chunks of gameplay, that the problem only gets worse the more you play, to the point that eventually you can't save at all.

Waiting for a patch? Why? EA had the same problem, among others with the PC version of the game that was released over a year ago. They had to be aware that something like this could happen with the console release. I'm pretty sure they have people they call testers, who after trying out the console version, might have mentioned a small problem like not being able to save. Just a hunch, I figure they knew about the problem and can't fix it. Also figure that because they are EA, they released a broken game, with no intention of fixing it, hoping they could make a quick buck and recoup some of their losses before word spread. They always have their lucrative sports titles among others to help them weather any storm and apparently think they can afford to screw the Simmers. If you look at how buggy Castaways and other past titles were, haven't they been for a while? 

Bottom line, EA had to know there was a problem and the fact that they released the game anyway is reprehensible. The fact that so many people have reported the problem and EA hasn't in any way publicly acknowledged the problem, apologised and promised to fix it, says they can't and probably won't, and they are only interested in covering their own asses for when the lawyers start calling.

In the past I've been indifferent when I've come across negative stories about EA's business practices or how they treat their employees. I'm not indifferent when they blatantly rip me off for a $60 game and a $20 book. I want to know they are working on a patch now. I want an apology now. I want a money back guarantee on any of their future games or I will never touch another EA product again no matter how positive the buzz is about it. I encourage others to do the same and to make as much noise about Sims 3 as you can so that others don't get screwed the way we alll have.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 106 (13,150 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

@ChanceMelbourne

Not only has it happened to PC owners a year ago, the same is happening to 360 owners.

So therefore definitely it's related to the software.

Also, I think you actually made quite a good point about EA's Q&A and there inability to acknowledge and patch the bugs in games. Either that or we've both been extremely unlucky.

I didn't buy FIFA 11 this year as FIFA 10 was bug ridden.

My FIFA 10 bugs:

• Quitting the game results in my PS3 resetting itself.
  • Assigning my second control pad to a second player completely freezes the game.
  • Finishing one season in manager mode resulted into me having millions in debt, not having spent anything!
  • Missed a few trophies due to bugs.

And you're right about EA not patching this.

This is now the second unplayable game by EA in my collection and I'm not a happy customer.

Back on topic on The Sims:

I'm still hoping they're going to patch this as I don't want to start again and lose about 50 hours of game play.

The problem seems to be the customised clothes/objects which you download or create.

So anyone playing this game, I can advise not to do this.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 106 (13,139 Views)
0 Kudos

No, the problem can't be just related to custom content or extra stuff that you may have downloaded as I have not downloaded anything (in fact I haven't even tried the custom stuff yet) and I am getting the same problem. I sent off a support email to the EA support site detailing my problem and telling EA what I think of their QA. I encourage everyone to do the same as well. If nothing else EA will get flooded with upset emails. I am supposed to get a response within 24 hours but that hasn't happened. I wonder what pitiful response I'll eventually get from them. I should have learned my lesson after purchasing Dragon Age Origins from EA for the PS3 and finding it so filled with bugs that I gave it playing. My favorite bug was the random backwards control bug that pops up during random battles and the only way to correct it is to quit the game and start again. Again that meant having to save my game every 20 minutes as you never knew when it would happen.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 106 (13,132 Views)
0 Kudos