17 Mar 2011
By Premize
Playstation Staff

So, things will change?

7 Replies 436 Views Created 17-03-2011
I'm one of these people who are totally against Geohot and what he does for Playstation. I know that there are civil rights and it's your own product, but I also know; firstly, you agree to the EULA as soon as you purchase the product and secondly, you know very well that publicly announcing a successful hack to the world that could potentially enable pirates to play illegally downloaded games is absolutely wrong. That being said, I know 3.65 has made the PS3 get back on track but it's only recently that 3.55 has been released. Considering this, the Playstation's game developers wouldn't be so willing if sales have now been reduced due to this. I know Sony are taking actions to stop this custom firmware, but I'm afraid that great games like Killzone 3 and Little Big Planet 2 are losing many people who were willing the purchase the product in the first place. I'm unaware of any other actions that Sony will take to stop this, could I recieve more information about their current/upcoming actions? Thank you.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (436 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: So, things will change?

Wrong u agree to the EULA when you've read the terms and clicked to agree, I bought a second hand ps3 for homebrew and never had to look at an EULA. Therefore I don't agree!

Geohot didn't enable piracy, he enabled unsigned code to be run.

FW 3.65 isn't even released yet what drugs are you on?

The people who jailbroke their consoles in comparison to those who didn't is probably a tiny fraction, you've really been suckered in by Sony's crap to be so worried.

It's not likely that you will get any response from any official Sony member, even less likely that they would tell you of their upcoming actions (as this could potentially allow those users who have jailbroken their consoles to bypass such actions).
LOL Sueny wiped my post cause they cant stand the TRUTH!
Why do people with CLOSED minds always open their mouths?
This person is not another Sony forum fanboy!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (369 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Arn't paragraphs great!

現在、サーバーのメンテナンス中です。 

ORG has become the UK’s leading voice defending freedom of expression, privacy, innovation, consumer rights and creativity on the net.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (298 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Premize wrote:
I'm one of these people who are totally against Geohot and what he does for Playstation. I know that there are civil rights and it's your own product, but I also know; firstly, you agree to the EULA as soon as you purchase the product and secondly, you know very well that publicly announcing a successful hack to the world that could potentially enable pirates to play illegally downloaded games is absolutely wrong. That being said, I know 3.65 has made the PS3 get back on track but it's only recently that 3.55 has been released. Considering this, the Playstation's game developers wouldn't be so willing if sales have now been reduced due to this. I know Sony are taking actions to stop this custom firmware, but I'm afraid that great games like Killzone 3 and Little Big Planet 2 are losing many people who were willing the purchase the product in the first place. I'm unaware of any other actions that Sony will take to stop this, could I recieve more information about their current/upcoming actions? Thank you.

I never signed a EULA when purchasing the machine. I wasn't told of any EULA at the checkout.

I do however totally agree with your belief that the things that Geohot does is not acceptable.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (290 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Why? 

I never signed a EULA (not that i could, i'm not 18) and what GeoHot does is good, it lets you have your console how you  want it to be! By the way, you seriously need to take a break form that weed if you think the current fw is 3.65!

Free userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbars
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

@tyblackers

I bet you'll get a warning from the over zealous MODs here telling you that promoting illegal activities will result in a ban (as i did for my post above). Which isn't promoting illegal activities PIRACY is a crime reverse engineering isnt.

They didn't like my sig either boohoo
LOL Sueny wiped my post cause they cant stand the TRUTH!
Why do people with CLOSED minds always open their mouths?
This person is not another Sony forum fanboy!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (241 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Philious wrote:
@tyblackers

I bet you'll get a warning from the over zealous MODs here telling you that promoting illegal activities will result in a ban (as i did for my post above). Which isn't promoting illegal activities PIRACY is a crime reverse engineering isnt.

They didn't like my sig either boohoo

I do:Thumbs:

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (231 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

OH JESUSSSSSS :smileyindifferent:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original account - iWiLLsaVeU, forgot my password to it :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (226 Views)
0 Kudos