16 May 2012
Playstation Staff

Sony Announce New ‘Pre-Buy’ Service

19 Replies 660 Views Created 16-05-2012

http://techtroid.co.uk/sony-announce-new-pre-buy-service-for-sorcery-others-10733

Players will be able to pay for and download games before they are released, just like you can with Steam titles. Then, on release day, the game will be unlocked for all to play.

Twitter.jpg

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20 (660 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Sony Announce New ‘Pre-Buy’ Service

[ Edited ]

All this is doing Is allowing PSN downloads before the BD release.

(The delay to friday is a UK specific delay. The Rest of EU gets games on PSN store update day.) 

Will I use it. unlikely as the BD will be cheaper, Digital Release prices will be the Full RRP/SRP which means you pay extra again all ready.

If a title Is Download exclusive there wont be a BD version anyway. so this early release can't happen as what it realy means is SCE is delaying the release for a week or so.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20 (638 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

What's the point in this feature? You pay for something, download it, then wait a millenium before you can play it, daft idea? I mean who wants a bunch load of unplayable games clogging up valuable hard drive space on their PS3. You might as well wait for it's release.

Sony's logic is: Increase download sales and avoid over heating of their servers on PStore. I like the logic but you're just shoving your rubbish on to our side and ripping us off in the process. Great one Sony:smileyfrustrated:

"Why buy something that acts like a PlayStation... When you can buy a PlayStation"- my thoughts on the Xbox One revision.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20 (534 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

So is it just for full game releases or will this option be availale for PSN titles as well??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20 (515 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Worst idea ever :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20 (466 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

So, I could pre-order from an online retailer and get the game a day earlier and on disc.

Or I could pre-order from the Store, pay £10 extra, and have to wait for it to download and install.

Hmm. It's a tough one.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20 (457 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Well i think it's good that Sony have given people a choice to use this feature or not, and too be honest at least you will get the game on release date, unlike some companies that sends the game out late due to whatever reasons.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20 (442 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think its a good idea, cant see anything negative about it anyway. if someone wants to use it, then the option is now there.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20 (420 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Steam have done this for ages and it's a great feature.

To explain, people might want to buy the digital version of a game. Now if they can pre download it to their console then it is unlocked on release day, they can play right away like their friends who might have bought it on disc, they are not waiting all day to download the game and are not missing out that day just because they chose the download copy.

This is very helpful to people with slow connections who can have it ready to go day one.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20 (401 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

BiosNova wrote:
Steam have done this for ages and it's a great feature.

To explain, people might want to buy the digital version of a game. Now if they can pre download it to their console then it is unlocked on release day, they can play right away like their friends who might have bought it on disc, they are not waiting all day to download the game and are not missing out that day just because they chose the download copy.

This is very helpful to people with slow connections who can have it ready to go day one.

Whether you download today or tomorrow; people would still be missing out on valuable playing time and clogging up their Hard Drives.

"Why buy something that acts like a PlayStation... When you can buy a PlayStation"- my thoughts on the Xbox One revision.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20 (374 Views)
0 Kudos