19 Oct 2008
Playstation Staff

Sony: 'No credit crunch for gaming'

4 Replies 240 Views Created 19-10-2008
From Digital Spy:

Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) believes that the video games industry will be less affected than other industries by the current global credit crisis.

SCE boss Kazuo Hirai told the Financial Times that he is confident the gaming industry has the right attributes to prosper in turbulent economic conditions.

"As long as we can generate excitement, then we will be less affected than other industries," he said.

However, Konami Digital Entertainment head Fumiaki Tanaka pointed out to the newspaper that some Japanese game distribution firms are currently struggling to stay afloat.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (240 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Sony: 'No credit crunch for gaming'

STOP POSTING RANDOM THINGS

Twitter user and editor on EverythingPlaystation.com. Click my sig to take a look at EPS or my twitter!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (224 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Kaz also told the press that PS3 fans would be happy in this economin crisis as copies of:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer would be made available to all

sorry couldn't resist

Joe_d88
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (223 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

:Lol: of course it will be affected less people will have the money to buy games!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (138 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

My course lecturer was on about this a couple weeks ago, not sure how much weight i carries though lol it was something like the more people who are at home due to the financial crisis, will play more and more games. 

LOL 

** Twitter || Flickr || Last.fm || Facebook **
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (127 Views)
0 Kudos