16 Dec 2007
Playstation Staff

Sony PS3, Warranty

7 Replies 366 Views Created 16-12-2007
Im just guessing but if my ps3 stops working for any reason after a year, does that mean I wont be covered for anything even if its a problem with updates and such? PS3 is alot of money to spend on and It would be a shame to see it wasted so easily and this thread kinda concerned me.... http://community.eu.playstation.com/showthread.php?t=179368 considering the main reason I bought a 60gb ps3 was to also replace my broken ps2 (not a great Idea but it works ^_^) getting a 40gb replacement would annoy me as I still want to play my old ps2 rpgs such as dragon quest and FFX etc.... ps: this topic is solely on the base that the ps3 breaks down through no fault of the owner
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (366 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Sony PS3, Warranty

The surefire way to protect yourself further is to invest in getting a continuous play plan from www.continuousplay.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (366 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

The surefire way to protect yourself further is to invest in getting a continuous play plan from www.continuousplay.co.ukWOW, thanks a bunch, I didnt even know about this. After the warranty expires I will definatly be getting this protection plan. To be truthful 4.99 a month is a bit expensive, but worth it I guess.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (366 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Sorry for the dp but, I would like to know more from other peoples views on the warranty.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (366 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I personally think when you invest so much in something, you shouldnt have to worry about it breaking down while it still holds considerable value, and for this reason I feel they should come with 3 years of warranty.

I got 3 years free on my Bravia. I dont fear that it will break down, but it does give you added peace of mind.

I mean, lets say in that an RROD scenario takes places on 50% on consoles that are 2 years old. Thats not very fair.

However, from expeirence, none of many PlayStations have ever encountered a fault.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (366 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

You are also protected by your statutory rights too. These protect you even after the warranty period ends. If something broke on your PS3 (or anything for that matter) that you would reasonably expect to last longer then you should have grounds for it to be repaired. You can get more information on your rights from the Citizens Advice Bureau or online. The one year warranty is just one thing they have to do by law but it is not limited to this.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (366 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

what if i case mod my ps3 and something goes wrong will that also cover my ps3?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (366 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

what if i case mod my ps3 and something goes wrong will that also cover my ps3?

If you alter the original spec your warranty and rights are only affected if the cause of the damage could be attributed to the modifications. I believe the onus is on the manufacturer to prove they caused the fault rather than you proving they didn't.

In theory case mods would be fine provided they gave the same airflow.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (366 Views)
0 Kudos