PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

13 Aug 2007
By: NostrobotUK Member 550 Posts
Level 1

Speedlink RGB Scart Cable

4 Replies 122 Views Created 13-08-2007
I have just got a Speedlink RGB Scart cable for PS3 from Blahdvd.com (which cost me a hefty £15), and I can see clearly that the picture is NOT RGB, but inferior composite, which obviously, I'm miffed. I have used other consoles, with RGB/SCART cables on the same TV and never got a problem, so obviously its not a TV problem.

Anyone else got this cable? How did it go?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (122 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Speedlink RGB Scart Cable

I have just got a Speedlink RGB Scart cable for PS3 from Blahdvd.com (which cost me a hefty £15), and I can see clearly that the picture is NOT RGB, but inferior composite, which obviously, I'm miffed. I have used other consoles, with RGB/SCART cables on the same TV and never got a problem, so obviously its not a TV problem.

Anyone else got this cable? How did it go?
Try going to the PS3 display settings. Change the output from composite to RGB.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (122 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Try going to the PS3 display settings. Change the output from composite to RGB.

Its already RGB. I have tried a friend's low quality RGB scart cable (£1.50) and it worked fine. So the problem is defentiely the cable. :Mad:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (122 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Its already RGB. I have tried a friend's low quality RGB scart cable (£1.50) and it worked fine. So the problem is defentiely the cable. :Mad:

Yep false advertising cable.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (122 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Well I have contacted speelink about this and they told me that it must be defective and the seller should replace it. I have emailed Blahdvd about this.

I suspect that even if they replace it I will get the same problem. Some TVs do not switch to RGB mode unless the cable is built exactly to specs (I will refrain into going into technical details about this here, but I know what I'm saying).
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (122 Views)
0 Kudos