Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic, the MMORPG on standby for our request.

At the top right of each of your message is a drop down called "Options".

Scroll over there and select "Edit message" and delete all your text :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 75 (205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic,the MMORPG On Standby for our request.

I posted this right at the end of the last topic, so I figured I'd repost it to help get us away from the "Yes-No-Yes-No" pattern these topics tend to develop:

New to the discussion; forgive me for not reading the seven thousand posts prior to this one. I have had this argument on other forums, however, so I believe I can pretty readily catch up with what's been said. I might as well say that I am one of the most ardent and fervent supporters for the advancement console MMOs you will find.

First off, I find the reason why Bioware should make a console port to be perfectly obvious and utterly unquestionable: money on the table. The console market has never seen a real attempt to develop an MMO for the audience and it has only generated more interest in the genre among console players. If TOR sells a million units on the PC it stands to reason that it to make the same sales on each of the consoles.

I am not unrealistic. First, I understand that TOR is leading on PCs and will only get a port once that edition has been released. I also understand that porting the title will take time; as much as a year or two. I don't just accept that, I embrace that and I'll explain why in a moment.

I don't believe hardware is an issue. First, the issue of the controller: I could write out a controller layout that could support twelve to twenty action slots accessible within at most two button presses. Voice chat will facilitate 90% of players communication needs, and if worse comes to worse you can add prompt on the menu that will raise an on-screen keyboard. If there are those who say that current gen consoles can't support this title, in two years the next console generation will be upon us. Since we've already established it would take at least that long to port the game, it only makes sense to develop for the next gen systems . . . which renders all hardware arguments moot.

I will concede one thing: cross-platform play should not be a feature. I believe this is a fool's errand. I'm not convinced that the server technology is ready, and even if it were there are communication issues that are not easily addressed. More importantly, I think that gameplay must adapt to the proper platform in order to ensure an optimized experience. Some people might balk at this idea, but I believe it is unavoidable. If we assume that the individual platforms need to co-mingle to ensure a healthy player base, then we assume that one platform or the other could not survive on its own . . . and those are assumptions I am unwilling to accept.

Before I finish, why do I get the impression that the only argument against TOR on consoles is fueled by PC elitism? Over just a handful of pages I've seen well thought out posts supporting console MMOs rebutted with, "No, you can't have this game because PCs are great and consoles are stupid? I'm not going to argue that the PC market is dying (though I will make it clear that there hasn't been a successful premium MMORPG in the past five years . . . because, hey, I can't deny it's wet when it's raining). Is that the only argument you really have? And how many times are you going to say it? Because I've already heard it a million time; do you really think if I hear it another million I finally start drinking the Kool-Aid?

The post above is taken from swtor forums. It kinda sums up what is being said there. Lots of people saying it'll never work, some saying it will. There are good arguments from both sides, but there is alot of pc elitists who are against it. Personally, I'm not against it but I'm used to playing mmos on pc so will stick to that format.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 75 (203 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

this is more detailed section about the game,perks,companions,and more!../ http://www.swtor.com/info/systems
x4e6c8

x4e6c8
★★★MY★★SOUL★★IS★★A★LIVE★★FOR★★A★★REASON★★★
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 75 (202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

thanks S1M0N_AZAR1 will try it,also there somthing called * cloud gaming* will hit to ps3 by ONLIVE which we can play console games in any screen PS3,LAPTOP etc.... consoles ROLE many good news i need to find the link and post it here.
x4e6c8

x4e6c8
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 75 (197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

@ utio my friend things are improving and changing console are improving with new futures than PC which is a loop thing when someone own a gaming pc you need to update patchs by your own,being hacked or loaded with viruses etc...other than that the price! for changing parts it cost as hell,millions of consoles been sold worldwide and there life span is longer than PC when u need to pay to upgrade its systems and costy,consoles will have could gaming in near future which no one will need to download a game to play just buy and play it directly ,many people dont want to spend like PC fans,also there are many reason that Consoles is the future of gaming not PC,there is an updated link about PS3,and future PS4 top news i wish if i find that link again it says shocking new cool stuff and life span is been increased of PS3,most players who play PC mmorpg they play the free one like runescape and WOW not all of them got strong graphiccard to play with other who have priced PC,sony can let EVEonline,cabal online,guildwars,and other mmorpg to be hit on PS3,Dust 514 gona hit PS3 and DC universe i liked it alot so why not,if you think it wont work many thout it will work why cutting the fun for the console users while company could make more money if they do,no matter what i dont pay that much to play on PC and console is the way to go for me,thanks for the comment anyways and welcome :smileyvery-happy: http://www.gamesradar.com/onlive-wants-cloud-based-gaming-tech-on-ps3-and-360/
x4e6c8

x4e6c8
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 75 (179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Oh I'm not saying don't do it, I'm all for it as long as it's done properly. However I'm just pointing out that there are always going to be some pc gamers opposed to mmos on consoles, and sometimes there are good reasons.
I don't think upgrading a pc is expensive though, and at least you can upgrade. The only thing I intend to change is my graphics card, so about £120.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 75 (172 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

my bad friend,and by the way im not only a console gamer but i gave up last time when i saw the prices... but to be honest i find it too priced mm...,by the way can you gift me cool specs with decent price so i would see if its my type of budget to buy the parts by the way im Intel,Nvidia typed user,i was on google the best graphic cards cost over $700,rams cost fine SSD cost too much..so whats the best specs that plays all PC games and latest one?,each part with its price if you dont mind friend thank you :smileyhappy: i know its not a pc website but lets see what you suggest. thankyou.
x4e6c8

x4e6c8
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 75 (168 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I WANT IT. I WANT IT NOW,

Even though, DUST 514 is on the way, and I WANT IT as well, i'd still make time for this game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 75 (159 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

yeah you can imagin me im always visiting there links to see there games and videos i cant wait for them aswell! :smileyhappy:
x4e6c8

x4e6c8
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 75 (157 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Well it's not really ps3 general discussion lol, and I don't have a clue when it comes to pc stuff so I just ask on forums and google. I do know you don't have to shell out for the most expensive and latest stuff to play most games very comfortably. I suggest trying the swtor forums if you need help, it helped me decide what was best.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 75 (155 Views)
0 Kudos