By TJJ53
Playstation Staff

Steering wheel ?

10 Replies 550 Views Created 03-04-2008
Hi,
Rather than using a dual shock 3, would buying a steering wheel make
any difference to my driving game's, which are GT5P and F1 , also can
any 1 who reply's to this thread suggest a good steering wheel, max
price about £70 mabye a lil more if the wife opens her purse :smileyhappy: .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Steering wheel ?

Steering Wheels are great, I bought the logitech driving force EX for £40 when I bought GT5P, it is a good steering wheel, but I think I will get the Logitech Driving Force GT when it comes out, seeing as it was built for the game.
Burnout Paradise has just got better after buying the steering wheel. :Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I'm also in the market for a good (Reasonable priced) steering wheel Does anyone know how much the GT wheel is gonna be? ideally i'd like a G25 but unless it takes a price dive it ain't happening, I had a steering wheel for my PS and TOCA 2 and managed to take about 6 seconds off all my lap times with a pad:smileyvery-happy: so if it'll do this for GT5p i'll be happy:smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:
Photobucket

Now have GTA4 and MGS4 but CBA to update my sig pic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

hi guys

i would strongly recommend getting a steering wheel for any driving game.

im using a g25 and can not imagine ever using anything else, the realism is amazing and with gt5 you can use the clutch and the gearbox like you would on a normal car, really brings the game to life (especially when you forget to change gear and you kind of just see everyone overtaking you :smileyvery-happy:)

i no the g25 does seem a little steep but once you buy it you no it was money well spent.

regards Van
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I don't think you gain much track time by using a wheel, but it does allow you to be smoother around the corners and control the car how you want to control it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Anyone know what the feedback is like on the Logitech driving force pro, is it just a rumble/vibration effect similar to a dualshock pad or does it push the wheel into your hands like my microsoft FF2 joystick?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I don't think you gain much track time by using a wheel, but it does allow you to be smoother around the corners and control the car how you want to control it.
which you will make you quicker lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

On a course like that one on GTHD (forgot the name) steering wheel is best.
If you're good with it that is...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

PSN-IITriXII
XBL-I T r i X II
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Anyone know what the feedback is like on the Logitech driving force pro, is it just a rumble/vibration effect similar to a dualshock pad or does it push the wheel into your hands like my microsoft FF2 joystick?

I have this wheel, have had since GT4 and it is absolulty brilliant.
Obviously if you can afford one get the GT25, but for the price this wheel is amazing.
Pedals can break if your too heavy footed, but i've had mine for a couple of years and its still going strong.
And it is forcefeedback not vibration, which means it will try and turn the wheel in your hand, at the time it was the best wheel.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Wicked thanks Savill, that has just convinced me to get it. Can't talk the wife into letting me get the g25 but I can stretch to the Driving force pro. Thanks again bud. :Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (550 Views)
0 Kudos