30 Oct 2013
Playstation Staff

Sub account promotion on PS4? Sony: "No."

26 Replies 708 Views Created 30-10-2013
So it's just been confirmed on the PlayStation Blog that we STILL can't upgrade a sub accounts to a master account on the PS4. And this time around there are more restrictions, not less.

After SIX YEARS how has this NOT been implemented. And why are we once again restricted from adding money to our own wallets? It means we can't purchase any kind of subscription content on PSN and we still have to faff around with the dead master account that it's chained permanently to. And we STILL cannot link our accounts to the various social networking services - not just Facebook this time, but ALL social services. On top of all that we can't use our real names or profile pictures.

I....I'm in total shock. Six years and nothing has been done even though there are thousands (if not more) who are in the same situation and are well over the age of 18.

Please, someone from Sony respond to this and at least give us some sort of indication that it is something that is actively being researched for implementation at a later date on PS4? Creating a new Master account is not, I repeat, NOT an option as I have too many purchases, saves, trophies and more attached to my account, as well as my Vita.

I really am reconsidering my preorder.

Please. :/
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (708 Views)

Playstation Staff

Re: Sub account promotion on PS4? Sony: "No."

[ Edited ]

I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm seriously upset about this. I've spent hundreds of hours on collecting my trophies, and I'm not gonna throw that away by making a new account. Using a sub account for another 6 years is NOT an option, as the ridiculous restrictions are just too much to deal with.

Unless Sony fixes this, I won't be buying the PS4. This was the last straw. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (649 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Keep the current account on ps3/vita for saves and purchases, and start a new one for ps4.

Trophies are not actually worth anything, and you will "lose" them but running off to xbox or wherever anyway.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (601 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

It may be that i just got up, but im confused, you saying the account we are currently using on ps3 (like the one im posting this message with) cant be used on ps4? And i have to make a brand new account for ps4?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27 (592 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

you can use your ps3 account, this person is upset that because they currently have a sub account it will still be a sub account on ps4. They would rather not have a ps4 then continue with a sub account or start a new one.

Because of trophies.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27 (566 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

very strange move,

happy i did my kids a full account that i can manage till they are off age/responsabile to do so.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27 (549 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

@michelle_tabor

No, not because of trophies, but because of everything as a whole, this username is my username for EVERYTHING so I'd be losing that, I would have to manage no less than three accounts on my PS4 which would become as tedious as hell to manage and, the MOST important part, it would mean that I would have to link the new account to my Vita to make use of Crossbuy and Remote Play, meaning that I would lose all of the purchases I made on my old account.

So no, not just for trophies cleverclogs. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (538 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Same boat

Ive got a sub account and making a new master account isnt a good enough option

This is the name I use all over and dont want to change it
Ive got £100s of singstar songs tied to this acount
Dont know how much money ive spent on other psn purchases but its alot

And my vita is tied to this acount too

Why should I be punished because sony wont add something which to be quite honest should have been in place from the ps3 launch as?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just seen Mr T getting some petrol. I pity the Fuel.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (535 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

@ChambyR33

Exactly. I'm sick of being told to make a new account - I literally cannot afford to repurchase everything I've bought on a new account, just for the sake of losing the ridiculous restrictions of a sub account.

I'm also not willing to do so as this is Sony's fault and not mine, they should have made us aware of the fact that sub accounts cannot ever be upgraded to a proper account when we first made one!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (522 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

To be fair, the second post by Astornautti was only talking about trophies.

I suggested keeping the current account for downloads and stuff.
I don't see how my trophy count has any bearing on my opinion, I don't have a platinum so I can't think that being upset about losing then is silly?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27 (501 Views)
0 Kudos