26 Jun 2012
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

System Software 4.20 is now available for the PlayStation 3

17 Replies 1,915 Views Created 26-06-2012

System Software 4.20 is now available for the PlayStation 3. This is a mandatory update, and if you have your PlayStation 3 online, you will be prompted to download it.

The software introduces the following features:

• When the wireless stereo headset is connected, you can now adjust the sidetone level for microphone audio. Select [Sidetone]under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings) > [Audio Device Settings].
  •  You can now set the amount of time until the system automatically turns off.Under (Settings) > (Power Save Settings) > [System Auto-Off] you will be able amend the time for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and for[Game/Other Features].
  • Under (Games) > (Saved Data Utility (PS3™)), you can now select multiple saved data items, and then either delete or copy them as a group.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (1,915 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: System Software 4.20 is now available for the PlayStation 3

My PS3 do not make this software update!!!
I make everything right, but when I reach in 87% give me an error (8002F997). Can someone help me? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (1,715 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hey since downloading the patch the colour seems to be out, i played bettlefield 3 before patch and it was fine. however when i played it after

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (1,695 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

the colour was all out

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (1,694 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hey dude myn dose that to ;/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (1,374 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

There doesn't seem to be any up-to-date threads talking about this, so I thought I would try here.

It's to do with the "Game Data Utility," under the "Game," menu in the XMB. As an owner of a 360 I 

would like to use it as a reference. When using the 360 to delete game data you're presented with 

a well organized layout. Each game has it's own folder(like the ability to group your "Save Data" on 

the PS3). And, inside each folder, every bit of data that belongs to that particular game(save files

game updates, disc installs) is named and separated. It makes things a whole lot easier when 

you need to delete a single, problematic file.

It would be a great addition to the PS3 if "Game Data," could be grouped by Game Title just like the 

"Save Data." And, If the DLC, game updates and game installs were separated within their respective groups, rather than combined into a singe file.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (1,294 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

That would be a great update, I only have an 80GB fat PS3 and it's hard to handle data on my hard drive without it getting full.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (1,218 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

RabidWalker wrote:

System Software 4.20 is now available for the PlayStation 3. This is a mandatory update, and if you have your PlayStation 3 online, you will be prompted to download it.

• When the wireless stereo headset is connected, you can now adjust the sidetone level for microphone audio. Select [Sidetone]under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings) > [Audio Device Settings].
  •  You can now set the amount of time until the system automatically turns off.Under (Settings) > (Power Save Settings) > [System Auto-Off] you will be able amend the time for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and for[Game/Other Features].
  • Under (Games) > (Saved Data Utility (PS3™)), you can now select multiple saved data items, and then either delete or copy them as a group.

Rabid

Have Sony dispensed with using the BBC's children's Blue Peter programme as their technical consultant with regards to the PS3 browser; it's just that a little birdy's told me they've run out of sticky-backed plastic?

Also, could someone give me an idea when Sony will be asking Adobe when they've finished sulking about writing anymore software for the PS3 browser, as apparently it does a lot less than it did when it was first lauched!

Steamboat & I are unable to play bookworm (it does keep her quiet (as long as she's been fed!)) where we were able to before. 

We also, still can't stream channel 5 or play video clips on Sky News or logon to Twitter or subscribe to Yahoo Answers.

This last one is particularly awkward for me, as The Supreme Being Lord Ross doesn't think it's appropriate I should be asking questions about our cat in the The General Discusson forum.

He hasn't elaborated on how he defines the word 'General' or signposted me to any forums that are compatible with the PS3/Blue Peter browser!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (1,206 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

RabidWalker wrote:

Rabid

Have Sony dispensed with using the BBC's children's Blue Peter programme as their technical consultant with regards to the PS3 browser; it's just that a little birdy's told me they've run out of sticky-backed plastic?Lame

Also, could someone give me an idea when Sony will be asking Adobe when they've finished sulking about writing anymore software for the PS3 browser, as apparently it does a lot less than it did when it was first lauched!Adobe have already said they are not supporting the PS3 now you can stop sulking and move on

Steamboat & I are unable to play bookworm (it does keep her quiet (as long as she's been fed!)) where we were able to before. Oh dear cry me anther one

We also, still can't stream channel 5 or play video clips on Sky News or logon to Twitter or subscribe to Yahoo Answers.Oh dear cry me yet anther one

This last one is particularly awkward for me, as The Supreme Being Lord Ross doesn't think it's appropriate I should be asking questions about our cat in the The General Discusson forum.

He hasn't elaborated on how he defines the word 'General' or signposted me to any forums that are compatible with the PS3/Blue Peter browser!

Stop sulking and sell up and then by a laptop sony are not going to change it niether is adobe so looks like it's your turn to addapt or move on and buy a PC/laptop.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (1,195 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Under (Games) & (Saved Data Utility (PS3™)), you can now select multiple saved data items, and then either delete or copy them as a group.

Thanks SONY. This was much needed. Took me like 1hr to copy all my saves to my new PS3. Now i can just click copy all and go do something else whilst it copies.. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (1,160 Views)
0 Kudos