bpa94

82%
03 Rank
Progress

TROPHY SCORE POST UR TROPHY CARDS HERE

155 Replies 2,326 Views Created 17-12-2008
17 Dec 2008
By bpa94
i myself see no point in getting a trophy card seeing as though i only have around 100 trophies but please post i wanna see who has the kmost in the forums has anyone broke 500 or 1000 i dunno if thats even possible yet (1000) so post up people feel free to add me on psn for HOME, LBP, WARHAWK and soon RESISTANCE 2
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DigitalPunk-

88%
02 Rank
Progress
DigitalPunk-
Accepted Solution
gotta do a quick speed run in prince of persia and i'll get another platinum.
0 Kudos

Re: TROPHY SCORE POST UR TROPHY CARDS HERE

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

I don't think I'll get too many more Platinum trophies any time soon.. GTAIV requires a lot of work to get to 100% let alone get the miscellaneous and online trophies.. besides, I don't do online. Resistance 2 would involve competitive online, and about 9,500 extra online kills than I'm ever likely to get. Killzone 2 when it comes out will more than likely be the same.

Hmm.. maybe Resident Evil 5??.. but that will involve beating the hardest difficulty... FFXIII? lol..

0 Kudos

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

HSV1

• Beta Tester
84%
03 Rank
Progress
HSV1
Accepted Solution
Nice find DP ... After seeing & hearing about all the people who had been shafted over the sofa Vs sofa trophies i had all but given up on finishing Buzz any time in the near future. Not the way i like getting trophies but with the way buzz is i can live with it :Thumbs:
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DeltaDave13

60%
02 Rank
Progress
DeltaDave13
Accepted Solution

Speaking of online trophies, I think they are an absolute waste of time and show absolutely no skill as I'm sure majority will agree that we are all guilty of boosting for online trophies. So therefore there is absolutely no skill involved in getting them, they are just time consuming. (to the players that don't boost and have gotten online trophies legitimately, congratulations. But take my advice, boost, it will save you a helluva lot of time.)

Classic example of poor online trophies is GTA4, I am a huge fan of this game but the online mode is buggy as hell and you really need some 1st class teamwork to get them. With that being the case the trophies don't really judge your skill, they show the fact that you were able to find someone with a decent skill set to help you.

Games like uncharted are great for trophies, they show a players genuine skill set without having to worry if a noob is going to ruin your game. LBP trophies are terrible they rely on you having to find other players to help you get trophies, tell me how that demonstrates your personal skill?

Please don't get me wrong I am not totally against online trophies, certain GTA4 online trophies are great if not time consuming and really do come down to personal skill. So I hope the developers can take these little tidbits on and ditch the teamplayer trophies.

Does everyone agree? Let me hear your thoughts and opinions on this matter.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

DeltaDave13 wrote:

Classic example of poor online trophies is GTA4, I am a huge fan of this game but the online mode is buggy as hell and you really need some 1st class teamwork to get them. With that being the case the trophies don't really judge your skill, they show the fact that you were able to find someone with a decent skill set to help you.

Games like uncharted are great for trophies, they show a players genuine skill set without having to worry if a noob is going to ruin your game. LBP trophies are terrible they rely on you having to find other players to help you get trophies, tell me how that demonstrates your personal skill?

GTAIV is just a mirror of what the 360 version already had with achievements... for me 100% has always been the 'ultimate GTA achievement'... but now that's not enough and you have to spend 100 hours to rank up in an online mode I couldn't give two hoots towards...

The biggest shame of the flawed MM online experience is that the most popular levels aren't the best ones in LBP.. There are some really good levels out there that should be acknowleged, but instead they have become overshadowed by "7 trophies in one level" levels... and an oversaturation of "Heart for Heart" levels... You can blame the trophy system on that...

But back to your original point about online play.. I'm guilty of using rank/duration trophies as an extra incentive to play some games online.. but at the same time I'm not playing online just because there is a trophy at the end of that tunnel, if that makes sense... I'm playing because, for instance, I really enjoy Resistance 2 co-op. But those trophies, and in game medals do give you extra goals to work for while you are doing it... (I still want all the medals that it is realistic for a medic to achieve, lol) ... I won't however play competitive just for a 10000 kill trophy, because I just don't enjoy being cannon fodder for other human players as much as I do co-operating with them to take on the greater evil.

I think though in my case my longevity in such online game modes is such that by the time I make Lt in Resistance 2 I probably won't feel like playing it any more... as it is I haven't touched co-op since maxing my medic. (which of course unlocked a trophy :P) .. Does that mean I'm playing for the trophy, or that I'm just the sort of player who has usually had enough of the game by the time he has reached a certain trophy? :P

But overall, like you I'm not really a fan of online trophies... In the original Resistance, the game used Insomniacs infamous skill points... and plenty of us kept replaying certain levels to get them, and along the way unlock certain in game rewards to look at. Online didn't come into it.. It had it's own medal, ribbon and rank system... I kind of miss that in Resistance 2.. I just hope that the trophy implementation in the next Ratchet game stays true to its skill point roots, and there are still in game unlockables...

I still think it's funny that the first generation of Uncharted players played it because they wanted the sense of achievement for finishing Crushing, because they enjoyed the game enough to play it several times, and because many of them even enjoyed playing with unlockables... The second generation of Uncharted player... well, most of them played it because it was an opportunity to get their first platinum, one which was realistically possible with 48 hours of the trophy patch... ;)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
99%
12 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

Hooray !!

Finally got my first Platinum today

Message Edited by gavsta72 on 21-04-2009 04:39 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

1TB PS4 - 500GB PS3 - Samsung 40" 3D LED - Yamaha 5.1 Audio

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GTR34mh

83%
05 Rank
Progress
GTR34mh
Accepted Solution

LBP I'm guessing?

It's hard to tell with any other card except for the type I have, as the others don't have easy ways to see what games you have trophies from.

0 Kudos

BTG forums

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
99%
12 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

GTR34mh wrote:

LBP I'm guessing?

It's hard to tell with any other card except for the type I have, as the others don't have easy ways to see what games you have trophies from.

Naah, Monsters vs Aliens.....lol

I bought it on EB's free 7 day hire purely for a fairly easy Platinum.I didn't get it in the 7 days (busy) so i took it back

on day 6 and got it again a week later and got the Platinum with 3 days to spare.

I'll take it back tomorrow and put in a pre-order for the inFamous SE.

I'm happy now, didn't like that platinum reading zero on my card.

Just gotta get through Uncharted on "crushing" for another

Message Edited by gavsta72 on 21-04-2009 05:15 PM
Message Edited by gavsta72 on 21-04-2009 05:16 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

1TB PS4 - 500GB PS3 - Samsung 40" 3D LED - Yamaha 5.1 Audio

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

gunslingerNZ

• Beta Tester
85%
04 Rank
Progress
gunslingerNZ
Accepted Solution
Nice work Gav, I bet you're hooked now! I gave up on the GTA platinum, got all the offline ones but I got sick of having my progress erased by the broken online system. If they ever fix it I might give it another go but until then I really can't be bothered. I wouldn't mind getting some of the non rank related ones though.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution
Congrats Gav.. I'm getting closer to no.3, but that RE pro mode is proving to be a lot harder than what Dead Space was..
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hobojoe

58%
02 Rank
Progress
Hobojoe
Accepted Solution
Just updated mine here it is.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Amrokk

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Amrokk
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Amrokk

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Amrokk
Accepted Solution
Here's mine PSN Amrokk
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
90%
04 Rank
Progress
rcoll_rorscharch
Accepted Solution
I got my first Platinum trophy today which I'm kinda pleased about on Godfather II... trophies are fairly easy to get but they take a bit of time.
0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MarkGibbons

60%
02 Rank
Progress
MarkGibbons
Accepted Solution

My sig. :3

0 Kudos

• PSP-2001 Crysis Core • 8GB Xperia Play • 1TB White PS3 • 16GB PS®Vita •

-

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SnakeSDR

64%
02 Rank
Progress
SnakeSDR
Accepted Solution
I loves my trophies :D

Should show up in my sig ^_^
0 Kudos

"Building the future and keeping the past alive, are one and the same thing." - Solid Snake

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

maximuspower

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
maximuspower
Accepted Solution

Heres mine just doing a one off png

props to SnakeSDR, low bronze trophy to platinum ratio means high completion rates out the wazoo

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

sidawg2

• Beta Tester
94%
04 Rank
Progress
sidawg2
Accepted Solution
Well sort of, BioShock 1 has something like 59 Bronzes, 3 silvers 2 golds and a platinum lol. Damn hard bronzes too.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Scunter

• Beta Tester
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Scunter
Accepted Solution

Really, I didn't find Bioshock 1 too tough, try Sengoku Basara or Disgaea 4 for difficult bronzes :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

sidawg2

• Beta Tester
94%
04 Rank
Progress
sidawg2
Accepted Solution
Perhaps I should've said "time consuming" ;)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Aust1mh

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Aust1mh
Accepted Solution

SnakeSDR wrote:
I loves my trophies :D 

Yeah, i don't know what it is about Trophies but i'm addicted... i don't have that same issue with Achievements for some reason.

I'm aiming for Platinum 31, MW3 in my sights.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel