Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: TV with Built in PS3

DeathroW22 wrote:

The SSD alone would cost 2-3k. And to have it in your PS3? What an absolute waste. There is little gain to be had by having it in a console.

Like I said, dream spec. a smaller standard hard drive could easily be fitted to make it more affordable. and last time I checked, the ps3 could store all your movies, music, photos and downloaded games. I know not everyone uses it to that capacity but a lot do and there are loads of people already having to upgrade to bigger drives. Id like an SSD in my ps3 because of the increased reliability(no moving parts), increases read/write speed and it would run cooler. If I wasnt a technical goof, I would do it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 46 (232 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Lol love your idea it overkill

But i doubt there a cooling system which could fit into a tv which would be enough :smileytongue:
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 46 (214 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

PS2 still sells big over in Japan, so it's probably for the old skool fan boys.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 46 (199 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Maybe Sony will release the spec said by the topic starter but only the PS3 and HDTV(minus others). And it will be releases only after PS4 is released.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 46 (195 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

mulli-ra wrote:
Maybe Sony will release the spec said by the topic starter but only the PS3 and HDTV(minus others). And it will be releases only after PS4 is released.

Then I wud want a ps4 built in not a ps3....... cant win.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 46 (182 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

reminds me of that bloke who built an xbox , gamecube and ps2 with an lcd in one unit
http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/xbox-ps2-gamecube-all-in-one-ultimate-gaming-mod-09280209/
Free Image Hosting

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 46 (176 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

The problem with that is, if its all connected to one power supply then, lets say you just wanted to watch Live at the Apollo on BBC2 (love that show :smileyvery-happy: ) all the other bits in the system would be on as well even though they aren't needed, such as PS and Surround sound (not really needed to watch stand up comedy), and then your having to pay the electricity bill for them resulting in paying £100000000000 a month just to watch television!

I like your thinking though, but you have to think of the disadvantages too :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 46 (150 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Or just plug a ps3 into your TV? Retard

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 46 (145 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

u have a bad habbit of calling people retards it wont get u far m8

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 46 (140 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Jake__Mann wrote:

The problem with that is, if its all connected to one power supply then, lets say you just wanted to watch Live at the Apollo on BBC2 (love that show :smileyvery-happy: ) all the other bits in the system would be on as well even though they aren't needed, such as PS and Surround sound (not really needed to watch stand up comedy), and then your having to pay the electricity bill for them resulting in paying £100000000000 a month just to watch television!

I like your thinking though, but you have to think of the disadvantages too :smileyhappy: 

I'm sure it could be designed so that only the components you want will come on with the main power. I'd leave the wifi router on all the time but thats it. My 7.1 sony amp lets you turn components on and off individually so the same principal could easily be applied.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 46 (128 Views)
0 Kudos