01 Jun 2012

Playstation Staff

TVNZ on demand Issue

4 Replies 472 Views Created 01-06-2012

I am having issues with the quality of the play back and continuation of playback via the PS3.

1st issue is I generally have to watch it in the small windowed version as in full screen there is a .2ms delay in the image to voice and the quality of picture is that of 576*368 , so very low resolution, and when taken to full screen , it appears to be the same resolution, as it becomes quite pixelated.

2nd issue is I get to the 1st chapter of the playback and the streaming generally stops , so I cannot watch the full on-demand program.

I can use my PC for on-demand playback with 720p quality no problem.

Internet connection id 15Mbps downstream.

Any idea's

Can I reset my PS3, reload the firmware in case I have some corruption in the TVNZ on demand function etc...

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (472 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: TVNZ on demand Issue

There is no "TVNZ OnDemand function" in the firmware, so to speak. When you select TVNZ OnDemand, it loads the web browser and redirects to a webpage specifically designed for the PS3. Therefore resetting your PS3 or reloading the firmware won't make any difference, as everything you see is on TVNZ's servers.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (468 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

bro tvnz has always been poor, its the internet browser of the ps3, its really poor. i think its the same problem the program stopping but im not sure bout that. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (452 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

The fact that there is a icon available on my PS3 for TVNZ on Demand is either Sony and/or TVNZ's issue.

I did know that it was starting the browser , but even that functionality doesn't integrate properly.

At the end of the day SONY added TVNZ to the system so it needs to be supported.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (426 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Sony added a web shortcut at the request of TVNZ. That's all.

I must admit, however, that the web browser included in the firmware (NetFront, which is really intended for embedding into phones — not smartphones, the other kind) is fairly pathetic. Sony could fix this by having a browser installed outside of the firmware, but I don't see this happening any time soon.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (422 Views)
0 Kudos