Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: The 3D Gaming Discussion Thread!

i'm not sure if i enjoy playing wipeout in 3d, or that i noticed effects too much, but if u go into photo mode and turn the ship 360, my god, it absolutley jumps out of the screen by atleast a foot, its incredible...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 254 (1,091 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

i found the 3D within wipeout awesome never did try the photo mode though
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 254 (1,090 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I don't see God of War Collection Vol 2 in your list -- I'd say that's a title well worth trying if you want a very good game with very good 3D.

With regards to games which I feel the 3D didn't add much value to the game I feel compelled to mention the Prince of Persia trilogy. Don't get me wrong, it's ok -- if I have the 3D glasses out and I feel like playing it, I will use the 3D mode. But it's not like the SSHD, Child of Eden and GoW Coll. V.2 which I feel you loose out on something if you don't play them in 3D. That being said, I've only played ~10% of the first PoP game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 254 (1,081 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

No I'm with fski on this one. The sooner the 5DTVs come, without the need to go to Specsavers, the better for my eyes. At the minute, 3DTVs rely so much on the glasses to get a 3D image, so I don't think I'll bother with them.

I was more making a poke at the price.  My desire is still the hybrids. (active screen/passive glasses)

oh and envisager . .. spill we wanna know what set ya got :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 254 (1,066 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

i need to get new batteries for my glasses the bluetooth ones are just to much hastle for me :/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 254 (1,046 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Mikal_Drey wrote:

Not telling!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 254 (1,016 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Envisager wrote:

Mikal_Drey wrote:

Not telling!

i bet you you did do a runner with the sony 3D tv :smileytongue: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 254 (1,014 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

3d just doesnt intrest me personally, give me the best resolution and i'll stay happy.

i havent actually seen any games in 3d yet tho, did see shrek in 3d on a tv in comet and was impressed with how well it worked but still not for me.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 254 (1,013 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

misterck wrote:
3d just doesnt intrest me personally, give me the best resolution and i'll stay happy.

i havent actually seen any games in 3d yet tho, did see shrek in 3d on a tv in comet and was impressed with how well it worked but still not for me.

You should check 3D gaming out my curry's and pcworld have a demo running for 3D and 3D gaming so pop in to your local store they may do the same and be able to help you see what it's like

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 254 (999 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

may just give it a try.

looking to upgrade my tv atm as my 40" samdung has developed a backlight problem but would only go for a 3d tv as an extra if the price was right.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 254 (993 Views)
0 Kudos