PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

Level 7

Re: The Forum - Podcast #11 - It's (almost) Christmas!

Bearskopff wrote:
LAClennel, you might just get a very...particular...mention in the next podcast >:smileyvery-happy:

Um yay? :3

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I think the contributing factors making this year a good one for gaming have been the announcements of the possibly, but not entirely sure teaser for Metal Gear Solid 5 (codenamed "The Phantom Pain"), Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, the release of Kojima's new Fox Engine, which should serve well in making games around the globe look shiny and brilliant, and lastly, Dark Souls 2.

I loved the first Dark Souls and became a monster at the game, but as usual glory doesn't last for long so as soon as I beat the game, I started on New Game+ only for some cheeky Magic User to throw electricity at me, run away every time I tried to kill him, and then insta-kill me from behind as soon as I got bored of his cowardly ways!

Where's the honour? :smileytongue:

Next year I'd like Platinum Games to partner up with Capcom for another new Devil May Cry (this time with white haired DMC1 or 3 Dante). An announcement of God Hand 2 would be amazing but won't ever happen and I'm hoping next year will be the year Final Fantasy Versus XIII finally releases. Come on Square, enough with your XIII games. Move on to Versus already! :smileywink:

Lastly, Dead Space fans should keep their eyes peeled in Wretched_Hawk's territory on the Action and Adventure forums, as I'm organising a Q&A with Visceral Games Steve Papoutsis and if all goes well, you lucky chaps and chicks will get the chance to put your burning questions forward to Steve Papoutsis himself!

Also on my side of things, DmC: Devil May Cry is out in January and if you enjoyed the demo you should get involved with my Sparda's Challenge event, as I'll be updating challenges fortnightly. Plus, the post is worth a read sheerly for the guide I created to help you all learn the tricks of the trade from a guy who finds Son of Sparda difficulty a piece of cake. :smileywink:

Also, from God of War: Ascension's release onward, I'll be holding a weekly Fun Night for the new multiplayer games. On top of this, I'll be getting some articles out for the Official Playstation Community Magazine, so keep your eyes peeled one and all! :smileywink:

Hawk, Bear and Yaster - I have assigned you the duty of repeating this on your next podcast, if you'd be so kind gents!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (546 Views)
Level 7

There were some funny bits in there, I liked all your giggles mentioning Dominatrix. I've just made that ask Warren_Jeeves thread so I'm expecting my kudos points and the one taken away too :smileyhappy:

The only game that ever reminds me of Christmas is Shenmue, I bought it at Christmas time and played it loads during my time off work. That game would make a great PSN title.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (515 Views)
Level 10

I like most funny Christmas films, the stupid type like hots shots or something but the Christmassy ones, I forgot the name.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (508 Views)

TalllPaul wrote:
I like most funny Christmas films, the stupid type like hots shots or something but the Christmassy ones, I forgot the name.

Things like National Lampoon's Christmas, with Chevy Chase and that ilk?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (505 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (501 Views)
Level 10

Serum_Lake wrote:

TalllPaul wrote:

Things like National Lampoon's Christmas, with Chevy Chase and that ilk?

They're the ones :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (492 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Favourite quote from 2012

'WANNA GET PAID MOVE IT!

(Random Merc faction MP speech on COD Black Ops II)

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (456 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Hey! I made no attempt to take credit for Hawky's idea! I just tacked a challenge idea on to it! :smileymad:

... The DLC for Costume Quest is Christmas Themed...

Also I agree with LR on the Muppet Christmas Carol. What a fab film that is. It brings back such happy memories, though I first saw it on a February day, at university (the uni film society wasn't very good at getting films on a timely basis) and the girl I was completely doolally about was beside me and held my hand for the first time and we kissed for the first time afterwards and... Hmmmm. :smileyembarrassed:   [gazes off into middle distance, lost in twenty-year-old reverie]

"And when I grow up
I will be smart enough to answer all
the questions that you need to know
the answers to before you're grown up"
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (450 Views)
Level 6

My (gaming) highlights of 2012:

- The overhaul of PS Plus this summer the service was already great, but now it's awesome.

- Then, the Vita addition to PS Plus in November

- Discovering the official Blog AND this forum. I only found out about these two, and love 'em!

- Journey, Unfinished Swan, and a load of indie games like Derrick the Deathfin and When Vikings Attack. What a great year for indie game developers!

I probably missed quite a few, but these were definitely some highlights.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (379 Views)