Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: The new PS3 (Slim) CECH-4011B/C

Elatreus wrote:

Wonder how cheap it will be. 

I presume it will be around the £150 mark considering you can pick up a new 160gb now for around £180.

Oh and those ridges on the top...:smileyindifferent: not a great fan of those.

Dont like the ridges myself but i dont think they will stay :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 51 (1,543 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

jason1971 wrote:

After looking at the Image at full screen res via opening the image in a new tab.

Weres the Standby button.... Have I gone blind? 

Yes theres the open BD cover in the middle button.

Can't find the standby button, after ditching touch controll in the other slims they won't have gone backwards.

True... All sony controllers have a wake by USB or Bluetooth command. but a forced shut down can still be required which needs a manual button.

I hope its not a Timer activation on Holding the open BD cover button down which turns the Device into standby.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner.
Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user. Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 51 (1,542 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

It's only a mock-up (albeit a very good one) by a user on NeoGAF, hence why there's nothing there.
If you look at the 'official/leaked' images, then you can almost make out a standby button to the left of the standby & disk presence lights. As you say, unless there's another way around it, then a manual standby button is most certainly required.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 51 (1,511 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

ChemicalBacon90 wrote:
It's only a mock-up (albeit a very good one) by a user on NeoGAF, hence why there's nothing there.
If you look at the 'official/leaked' images, then you can almost make out a standby button to the left of the standby & disk presence lights. As you say, unless there's another way around it, then a manual standby button is most certainly required.

Ha ha what kind of designer leaves of one of the most important things of a demo pic.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 51 (1,502 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

"Sony have made it more aerodynamic for those hardcore gamers that chuck their PS3 console out of the window, now if you squint you can just make out the wings that pull out the sides and a parachute opening somewhere in the back. All PS3's now come with a distress signal that alerts nearby Sony drones of a possible chucking of their console".

Anyway I suppose the console does look sleaker and sexier. :smileyindifferent:

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 51 (1,491 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think the new model PS3 (judging by the leaked pictures) looks awful. At least when the system comes out in late August/early September that Sony would also cut the price of the current slim. They done a similar price cut a few years ago with the original PS3 when the slim came out.

I'm happy with my 60gb original PS3 and FF13 Lightning Edition Slim.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 51 (1,477 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Even if this new console comes out i just dont like the look of it atall, i would still choose the slim over that anyday even if it is slighty more expensive, i dont think they'll drop the price of the slim i just think they'll enter the super slim into the market at a slightly lower price than the slim

Currently Playing: FIFA 13 / DARK SOULS / BURNOUT PARADISE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 51 (1,274 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

GroundBreaker91 wrote:

Even if this new console comes out i just dont like the look of it atall, i would still choose the slim over that anyday even if it is slighty more expensive, i dont think they'll drop the price of the slim i just think they'll enter the super slim into the market at a slightly lower price than the slim

Larger HDD 500GB model will force the older 320 GB model down in price this is because the 3000 model will be OLD school then..

SCE will also likely stop production of 2500 - 3000 models to only build the 4000 models.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 51 (1,262 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

GraphiteGB wrote:

Larger HDD 500GB model will force the older 320 GB model down in price this is because the 3000 model will be OLD school then..

SCE will also likely stop production of 2500 - 3000 models to only build the 4000 models. 

Indeed. But I think they already stopped the production of the 3000 series.

All signatures sucks, especially those with images in them.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 51 (1,258 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

16gb PS3? Good look playing Metal Gear Solid 4 or DC Universe on that. But if this super slim PS3 is real and the 16gb is real then I can see this PS3 sell a shed load at Christmas. If it is priced right at say £99.99.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 51 (1,245 Views)
0 Kudos