0 Kudos
Message 32 of 51 (4,910 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: The new PS3 (Slim) CECH-4011B/C

Danieljay1 wrote:

i dunno why they bringing this out so late into the gen :s

I think someone said earlier in this thread that they are bringing this console out because there are still alot of people on the fence about buying a PS3 slim so they are hoping if they lower the price of the current slim and enter a new super slim into the market that it'll convince these people to buy one 

Currently Playing: FIFA 13 / DARK SOULS / BURNOUT PARADISE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 51 (4,905 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have never like the slim model it looks to square like for me. This new super slim looks better in my view. I like the lid design if its true. sony would have to look at £150 for the 16GB model to match the 4GB xbox. A lower price will be unlucky from what iv read. A £99 price would sale ***** loads over xmas.  Rumours are the 16GB will be ssd drive but i can't see it making a big different to speed as must games work off the standard 5400 rpm hdd. I would of love to see a updated play tv built in to the console as i watch more tv then playing games on my 80GB fat. The ps3 16GB price £150. The 250GB price £180 to replace the 160GB model. then the 500GB price £240 replace the 320GB model. 

FREE MMO AT GAMIGO ...pirate galaxy...levelR top games. pc only...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 51 (4,867 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

This should be an actual size comparison:

I just want to know the prize (and if these rumors are even true), since my old PS3 broke few weeks ago and I'm now waiting for an announcement from Sony. I don't want to buy a slim and regret afterwards if this model gets released. 

I suppose they are trying to make it as cheap as possible by using new parts. 

Also, I actually like the design and it seems to be way smaller than the slim, excited! :smileyhappy:

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 51 (4,792 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I think on the whole it looks pretty slick, not too sure about the ridges on top though. I can't see from the pictures if the HDD and WIFI lights are still there, not that it's a big deal but I just wondered if anyone else can make it out?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 51 (4,711 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 51 (4,641 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

tgs is where my money is

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 51 (4,616 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

just some cut and paste news...

"PS3-4000, the latest, slimmest version of Sony’s current console, will not be announced at the main Sony gamescom press conference on August 14, VG247 has been told.

A gamescom reveal had been planned, but stock levels of the current build are said to be too high for Sony to move onto what is probably the last take on PS3 before PlayStation 4 is announced next year.

In addition, a source today said that the rumoured 16Gb version of PS3-4000 is in fact real, and is based on Flash memory. There was some confusion surrounding the figure, which originated from Anatel, the Brazilian Agency of Telecommunications, with many assuming it was intended to read 160Gb.

The new model will stack up against Microsoft’s 4Gb Flash-based Xbox 360. As the 16Gb PS3-4000 will have a flip-lid disc input and low-capacity storage, we’ve been told today that the announcement “may” be accompanied by a huge price cut, with the entry version potentially dropping as low as £99.

We’ve since been told, however, that there are no plans for a £99 PS3."

source:
http://www.vg247.com/2012/07/23/ps3-4000-skips-gamescom-16gb-flash-sku-goes-cheap/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 51 (4,595 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

A3IKSojCEAIkxd8.jpg_large.jpeg

here it is :smileysurprised:

500GB and 250GB 11/22/12