PS3 General

11 Jul 2011
By: GoodBytes Award Winner 2332 Posts
Level 8

Trend Micro Browser Security for PS3

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 762 Views edited 11-07-2011

Hey all,

What do you think about the Trend Micro™ browser security on your PS3s? Do any of you use it?

My free 90-day subscription ended in 2009 and now every time I use the web browser I get a warning message. I'm not sure whether to simply discontinue the browser security or continue to put up with the subscription renewal page; as I have no plan to renew the subscription.

I personally don't see the point of paying for this service as I don't use the PS3's browser very often; but for those of you who do, what opinion do have on this matter?

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Kudos". If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Remember to always backup your data.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (762 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Trend Micro Browser Security for PS3

Pointless feature assuming you only ever use the PS3 browser to look at stuff.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (712 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

my browser security has been enabled (i didn't enable it) since the network went down,i cant disable it via ps3 browser or on the website
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (645 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

You can disable it by pressing triangle on the trend security option somewhere in your XMB (possibly tools > security on the browser settings)

You then enter your pin and job done. If you haven't set a pin I believe the default is 0000.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (637 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

when i go to tools/discontinue browser security i get the pop up screen with "select the service to be discontinued" written at the top,Trend Micro for PS3 is highlighted but the only option is (O) back. Along the bottom of the screen basically says you can access Trend Micro for PS3 website via xmb. I cant sign in on Trend Micro for PS3 website because i have not signed up.I have looked at the faqs on the website,there is no manage trial option anywhere in the xmb.....i copy and pasted this faq for anyone wanting to know what you get for your money... What can I do with a Trend Micro Account?A Trend Micro Account provides the following features: - Easily purchase and renew protection for your PS3™ - Check the expiration date of your protection - Change the name of your PS3™
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (602 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Mine is well passed the trial date, and it is still active. I don't pay anything and never understood why it still works.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (579 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

I didn't realise it had any security :Lol:

Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (547 Views)
0 Kudos