Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Turning off ps3 controller

in Bengali and Hindi Raza means The King. :Thumbs:
Yahoo ID: riast1234 | MSN ID: riast1234@hotmail.com

There are 10 kinds of people. Those who know binary system and those who don't!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33 (970 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

When i hold my PS button down, it just comes up with the menu asking to turn off the system/controller..:Confused:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33 (970 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

When i hold my PS button down, it just comes up with the menu asking to turn off the system/controller..:Confused:

What you need to do is keep holding the button and after a few seconds the pad will turn off. If it doesn't seem to be turning off, keep holding the button anyway, it takes longer than you'd expect.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33 (970 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Nice, hate charging my controller, wont need it charging as much now :smileyhappy:

any other handy features we may not know of that ain't blatantly obvious?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33 (970 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Its like the invention of the Wheel or when Fire was discovered. Amazing! Thanks.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33 (970 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

see when you charge your controller,is the ps button suppose to light up?
none of my three controllers do that?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33 (970 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

see when you charge your controller,is the ps button suppose to light up? none of my three controllers do that? No it's not.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33 (970 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

What you need to do is keep holding the button and after a few seconds the pad will turn off. If it doesn't seem to be turning off, keep holding the button anyway, it takes longer than you'd expect.

is it not just easier to go to the menu, it comes up anyway during the period of time :Confused:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33 (970 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Hey people I found out this cool feature to turn off the controller without going to the xmb/menu....To turn it off just hold the os button for like 10 seconds and the controller will go to sleep...lol....Cheers...

Pretty useful while watchin a movie.

I never knew about this though it's doubtful I'll ever use it because it's actually quicker to press the PS button and then select Turn Off Controller :Cool: :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33 (970 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I never knew about this though it's doubtful I'll ever use it because it's actually quicker to press the PS button and then select Turn Off Controller :Cool: :smileytongue:

Only reason it's good for me is because i have the PS3 and PC hooked up to the same monitor, so if i just want to listen to music on my PS3 i'll dual screen my PC and won't be able to see the PS3 screen. So now i can turn controller off pause and skip tracks without needing to look at anything :smileyvery-happy:

Other than that it's slower than usual like others have said. Nice to find neat little tricks about the PS3 though.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33 (970 Views)
0 Kudos