PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

Level 3

Re: Unofficial 'I want ...' thread

cool a helpfull mod that listens to us make this a sticky please:smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 2,950 (81,291 Views)
0 Kudos

1. Simultaneous output of sound via HDMI and Optical so I don't always have to turn my AV receiver on to get sound or have to buy a new HDMI capable receiver. (Or they could just make switching between the outputs easier.)

This is actually rather difficult to achieve as there are some audio formats that won't be available over optical that are over HDMI. Uncompressed PCM is not available. So the PS3 would need to process two sepeate soundtracks simultaneously and output them to two different outputs. Not really feasible.

There is an option to set the HDMI audio output to bitstream - the same sort of output you get from existing optical and coax digital audio connections. If this option is chosen, they could output the same stream over optical and HDMI simultaneously without much extra overhead.

SFK
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 2,950 (81,289 Views)
0 Kudos

All sticky for you.

:Thumbs:

Cnn
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 2,950 (81,270 Views)
0 Kudos

I have 8 for now....

1) I would like to be able to see the contents on a USB drive or memory card without having to press the green triangle button to "Display All"
2) Being able to view messages without having to quit the game.
3) Again, same as above, sound output through both HDMI and Optical at same time.
4) To be able to personalise the XMB wallpaper like you can do on the PSP
5) More choice of displays when playing music (2 at the moment)
6) Better compatability for music ripped in Sony's Sonicstage to Sony's ATRAC format when transfering to PS3 via USB drive.
7) To have album covers automatically downloaded when ripping music to HDD.
8) Easier switching between 720p and 1080i for viewing Blu ray and gaming or having a screen setting for Blu Ray and a different one for games for people who don't have a 1080p TV that automatically changes depending what disc you play.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 2,950 (81,265 Views)
0 Kudos

Rumble, anyone?:smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 2,950 (81,265 Views)
0 Kudos

Rumble, anyone?:smileytongue:

Good Point :smileyvery-happy: Yeah "Lets get read to rumble." (sorry, had to !!! :smileysurprised: )
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 2,950 (81,265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Good Point :smileyvery-happy: Yeah "Lets get read to rumble." (sorry, had to !!! :smileysurprised: )

Yeah but if and when they do implement the rumble again everyone will have to buy whole new controllers if you want the rumble feedback just because you get one new thing built into them.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 2,950 (81,264 Views)
0 Kudos

Yeah but if and when they do implement the rumble again everyone will have to buy whole new controllers if you want the rumble feedback just because you get one new thing built into them.

I know it's not to everyones taste having to buy a new controller but personally I would buy a new one if the rumble feature returned.

e.g. Playing something like F1 and going over the rumble strip is without the controller rumbling is a bit strange now having had it there for so long.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 2,950 (81,265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I know it's not to everyones taste having to buy a new controller but personally I would buy a new one if the rumble feature returned.

e.g. Playing something like F1 and going over the rumble strip is without the controller rumbling is a bit strange now having had it there for so long.

Yeah I have Formula One Championship Edition as well and I miss the rumble sometimes like you said when you go on the red & white strips on the side of the road.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 2,950 (81,264 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

1. I would like a more effective way of streaming content from a PC to my PS3.
2. As said before, access to the XMB whilst preforming other tasks.
3. Voice chat within games to be fully supported and functional (Motorstorm anyone :smileywink:)
4. The ability to rip music off of my Sony walkman MP3 player, would be sweet :smileyvery-happy:
5. The EU and US stores to have the same content at the same time :Mad:

Rant over :smileyvery-happy:

PSN ID: Squall_10
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 2,950 (81,264 Views)
0 Kudos