- I want pristine menu browsing, even while ingame. No temporary freezes, frame-rate drops or lag.
- I want cross-game chat. Much like the party system on the 360.
- I want the ability mix up purchased themes, so you can use icons/menus from one theme, alongside a background(s) from another theme.
- I want the ability (although you can do this to some games) to pick & play my own music directly from the XMB, not 'music content cannot play while in use...' errors when playing a game, without having to fiddle with the options in the game. The XMB way can be much faster and you can choose a specific song most of the time.
"Even after the darkest of nights, morning always comes."
I know that this is out of the topic but i need help please...
I will be replacing my internal harddrive and i want to know how to transfer the dc universe online that i downloaded to my external drive. I don't want to redownload it because it took me 2 days before I fully download the game.......
What I'd like is the ability to add folders in the games list in the XMB, so I can move the psp install files to one place, group all my episodic content together and generally just create some order in my games list.
There might have been no use for it when the PS3 was first released and everything was disc based,
but with the amount of games available from PSN, for those of us without an Internet connection capable of instantly redownloading any game we bought and feel like playing again, something more substantial is needed than "sort by last played or sort alphabetically".
Revitalise the online UI and have it more like the Vita, colourful and bright.
- Sound for when notifications are received as an option.
- Re-theme the dull grey dull chatrooms and message designs or give us custom colours .
- Change how notifications look, a more sleek modern design wouldn't be any harm.
- Bring the profile backgrounds that are on the Vita to the PS3.
- It's time PSN got some life sprung back into it.
- I know RAM is limited but some changes can be done.
- Bring the news ticker to European PSN accounts.
- A more in-dept user profile to display favourite games,music,movies,trophies ect.
- Form Gaming Groups, the ability to form groups is already in PS Home but it would be nice to have this intergrated into the XMB alone or with the PS Home Clubs. Handy thing to post group messages and updates instead of having to select a bunch of contacts everytime. Groups can be clans for certain games or ever a group of people who have interest in certain music. This is great way for players to socialize. (Steam already does it)
- Fan Pages/A Marketing Platform for Sony and Friends (These pages should only be open to developers and official groups, the fan pages would also be accessed directly by PSN and not the web broswer) - I'm sure developers and publishers would love a way to get information,trailers and latest updates about their game directly to the fans without having to constantly go to gaming websites or start up the game just to find out there was a X2 XP weekend thats just over. Not everyone is as in-dept with gaming who play Playstation. I bet a large majority of people who play wouldn't have a clue what some of the latest games coming out for the PS3. This is why we need this and it would also help Sony with sales with better marketing instead of relying on core gamers to buy them.
- Continued- Take for example the new game "The Last Of Us" which is a PS3 exclusive as we all already know. Fan pages are a great to get the latest info about this games out to the fans and directly to the people who are going to be playing it. Lets say PSN Id:xxxxx has liked the page The Last Of Us, other gamers who are friends with xxxxx will notified? that xxxxx has liked the page or see from recently liked pages The Last Of Us and check out the game and maybe become a fan. (Steam already does it, so step up Sony and do it too.
- Not everyone on PS3 has a facebook, follows the PS Blog or even follow gaming websites but still game. The potential marketing for these PSN pages are in the millions because millions of people use PSN. PS3 still has a few years left so it wouldn't hurt to insert some new features into your roadmap till the PS4 comes out or even consider this as a feature for the PS4 at least. Remember just how big the causal market is and how much money Sony has just lost with terrible marketing. We can't just rely for people to read the magazines or go to websites every now and again. You have the ability to get that message directly to the people who are going to be buying it and thats PSN.
Probably been suggested many times before:
"The ability to delete or hide Trophy data."
(Aka "Trophy management")
There have been many terrible games this generation & not all of us have thought to create a temporary account to test them.
So there are many of us with atleast one game with a permenant 0-10%.
If you think objectively, this would benefit many gamers.
To quote OCD facts & statistics:
"It has been estimated approximately 2.3% of the population between ages 18- 54 suffer from OCD. One person out of fifty people is affected by some form of obsession or compulsion."
"The current numbers in the US approximate 3.3 million people suffer from OCD, though some estimates have been as high as 6 million. The variance comes from how patients are diagnosed and categorized."
That's in the US alone.
This isn't about competition, or looking better than your fellow gamer, it's about the ability to edit what's in your own profile.
Some people like to leave their houses neat & tidy, with a sense of order.
This is no different.
- Select a Language