14 Mar 2010
Playstation Staff

Update For The PS3's Internet Browser

21 Replies 7,650 Views Created 14-03-2010
@Sony If you're not going to update it then just remove it, most websites don't work and the ones that do work don't display properly and have features missing, so make FW3.20 a massive browser update, and add-ons on the PlayStation Store. P.S It took me ages to write this post as my laptop is dead, and the PS3's browser's on-screen keyboard kept on disappearing.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22 (7,650 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Update For The PS3's Internet Browser

[ Edited ]

They will update it in a future Firmware update don't see why not, hopefully soon.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22 (7,640 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I also find the PS3 web browser is rubbish. I just use a computer as it's the best way of accessing the web. So just use another computer or laptop if you can.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22 (7,633 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I agree, I think the ps3 broswer is a great addition to its fuctionality but it does need updating. Apart from cross game voice chat, a broswer update is at the top of my list.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22 (7,567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

JediKnight246 wrote:
  @Sony If you're not going to update it then just remove it, most websites don't work and the ones that do work don't display properly and have features missing, 

BS.  I have a few sites that don't work, but 95% DO work...  Saying most sites don't work is totally bogus, and cheapens your point about a browser update.

I have told you a million times not to exaggerate, as it makes your argument look pathetic...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22 (7,560 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

yeah all the sites i go on work,even the 'naughty ones' and the 'not yet illegal but will be soon'  ones

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22 (7,553 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

yep this should be a must,  the ps3 web browser is dated and with time only going to get worse,  i dont understand why sony have not made inprovments to the browser, its just not working for me very slow,

yet we are all crying out for a better surfing experince with the ps3,  maybe its just a matter of time and sony with put this is a update,  if we all keep asking

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22 (7,402 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

the ps3 flashplayer is soooooooooooo  old like me gran

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22 (7,403 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

DirkPitt39 wrote:

JediKnight246 wrote:
  @Sony If you're not going to update it then just remove it, most websites don't work and the ones that do work don't display properly and have features missing, 

BS.  I have a few sites that don't work, but 95% DO work...  Saying most sites don't work is totally bogus, and cheapens your point about a browser update.

I have told you a million times not to exaggerate, as it makes your argument look pathetic...

:Stupid:Wiki communities for everyone! -- Wikia.com.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (7,316 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

metallicorphan wrote:

yeah all the sites i go on work,even the 'naughty ones' and the 'not yet illegal but will be soon'  ones

I hope you mean Torrent sites and not CP lol

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22 (7,298 Views)
0 Kudos