Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Virgin Super Hub and PS3...

Don't bother with wireless on the (not so) super hub as there's hundreds of complaints about it.

Wait until the modem mode firmware update comes out and then get yourself a proper router.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26 (1,913 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

feitochan wrote:

Don't bother with wireless on the (not so) super hub as there's hundreds of complaints about it.

Wait until the modem mode firmware update comes out and then get yourself a proper router.

dude the firmware is already out .go onto the advance settings and its on the left side right at the bottom.software version should now be V5.5.2R30

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26 (1,910 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

deltaman-3 wrote:

feitochan wrote:

dude the firmware is already out .go onto the advance settings and its on the left side right at the bottom.software version should now be V5.5.2R30

There's no use telling me that since I don't own the super hub (so I don't keep up to date on the updates to it)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26 (1,884 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Bringing this topic back up....I have now purchased an ethernet cable (20m) and have my ps3 in the living room connected to the virgin superhub (craphub).

But now the same thing is happening!! IP Address time out...PSN not connecting...Why?

Took me 11 days to receive the cable and now it's the same as wireless...if not worse?

My friends slim ps3 works fine ethernetted, I tried using his port and it still doesn't work for me. Is it my PS3 - it's always been fine before.  I turned off the router. plugged in the ethernet and let everything boot up "The attempt to obtain an IP address timed out"

So again..Any help would be very much appreciated before I hang myself with the 10m of slack ethernet cable left

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.thezeitgeistmovement.com
www.thevenusproject.com
:Angel:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26 (1,838 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

You also need to enter primary DNS and secondary DNS not sure if all the same but mine is 192.168.8.100 and 2nd one is 192.168.4.100

Has others have said you better of buying a very good router and putting superhub into modem only mode that's what I have done and its great.

Case: Corsair Carbide 500r/MB: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3/CPU: i5 2500k/GPU: XFX HD7950 DD/Cooling: Corsair H80/Ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB/PSU: Corsair HX850w / 2TB Seagate Sata3 HDD+250GB Samsung Evo/Audio: Asus Xonar DS/Corsair Vengeance 1500
Steam-shankly1985 - Psn-shankly1985
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26 (1,832 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Look into your router page settings for them two DNS numbers, cant tell you where to look now because not using that router.

Case: Corsair Carbide 500r/MB: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3/CPU: i5 2500k/GPU: XFX HD7950 DD/Cooling: Corsair H80/Ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB/PSU: Corsair HX850w / 2TB Seagate Sata3 HDD+250GB Samsung Evo/Audio: Asus Xonar DS/Corsair Vengeance 1500
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26 (1,826 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sorry to keep bumping this post but I am really annoyed with this problem. And would like to get this fixed ASAP...haven't online gamed in over a month

I was thinking would an ethernet switch work?

Also, to the above guy....I've tried using DNS settings etc and nothing worked

www.thevenusproject.com
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26 (1,810 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

You tried just doing auto setup? on ps3 what IP address you putting in? Use something like 192.168.0.100

Try resetting hub to default settings get a little pin and hold the reset button for couple seconds.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26 (1,807 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

One more hopeful bump then i'll leave this thread to die

tl;dr - Ethernet cable + Virgin 30mb superhub = not working?

www.thevenusproject.com
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26 (1,781 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I'm guessing it's still not working?

I'm stumped at what could be causing this. Everything is set to AUTO on your PS3, yes? So choose wired and then auto for the rest of it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26 (1,765 Views)
0 Kudos