14 Jul 2009

Playstation Staff

Void Sticker Damaged

22 Replies 1,090 Views Created 14-07-2009

I reecently came into a problem with my PS3 which is around 2 years old. No games work, they sometimes come up on the XMB but never start, but when i start it, the game doesnt load) i called up Sony and they said it'll cost £140 to give me a new console, my warrenty has gone so thought i might aswell try and fix it myself.

I opened up the case and took out the blu ray drive. i cleaned the lens, put it back in, only really disconnecting two cables which were connected to the Blu Ray Drive. put the case back on and put the power cord back in.

No light comes on at the front and it wont turn on through the ps3 controller either.

I have no idea how this could have happened as i only touched cables which connected to the blu ray drive.

As the void sticker is now damaged. will Sony stil take it and replace it for £140?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23 (1,090 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Void Sticker Damaged

Sony won't probably, but these guys will probably still repair it

http://www.consoledoctor.co.uk/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23 (1,070 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sony will still fix it for £145 me thinks, I rang up some woman at sony who said to me that contiunuas play covers you even if you try to fix it yourself first. So I would have thought you'd be allright as that sticker is only for the 1 year warrenty.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23 (1,063 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

How do i know if im part of CP? i baught the ps3 in 07.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23 (1,052 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Namenone wrote:
How do i know if im part of CP? i baught the ps3 in 07.
You'd know if you signed up to it as it costs £5 a month, but it's not available now, they're not taking on any new customers.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23 (1,046 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Ahh, no i havent signed up to them =[, Will they still maybe give me a refurbished one? or should i just go with another company?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23 (1,037 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23 (1,031 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Sony should repair it for the usual £150. The void sticker surely only refers to the 1 year warranty of the PS3.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23 (1,026 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

As others have said Sony will give you plenty of options, dependent on the fault.

YLOD - That'll be £145

Blu-ray Drive - That'll be £145

HDMI socket - That'll be £145

Wifi not working - That'll be £145

PS logo Fallen off - That'll be £145

Really, it's a fantastic service that can't be bettered. You can tell from the price that it's a quality service.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23 (1,014 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It sounds like you have somehow disconected youe PSU (power supply unit), check the power cable comming into the unit, and follow it to the power supply box, this box is connected to the mobo by pins comming stright out of mobo, this connection may of been disturbed.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23 (989 Views)
0 Kudos