Love film or Netflix?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (157 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Which one?

For a stand alone streaming service this is a difficult choice. I have had both (currently have Lovefilm) and initially found Netflix better for Tv and films but now Lovefilm appears to be catching up.

One thing though I would say Netflix is better for Tv series's although why not sign up for Lovefilm with a disc package as well?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (153 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Sorry I don't have either but would be interested in your results once you pick, I do know that my fiancee signed up for netflix and then immediately cancelled them as they don't have a lot of US TV Shows to rent which is her big thing......

I look forward to hearing whether either of these get good results streaming onto PS3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (152 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I would say Netflix is a lot quicker and more reliable than Lovefilm but with Netflix thats all you get. I use Lovefilm for their disc servce really both games and blu-rays and cant fault them so the online side is like a little bonus really
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (145 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have been using Netflix recently, been very impressed with it.

I cant seem to get it to log into my PS3 though, I have to use it on my 360.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (134 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I would get both if your just planning on getting the streaming service as £5.99 netflix & £4.99 lovefilm they are well worth the money of just over a tenner.

I prefer netflix myself as they have more anime just a pity the amount isn't even close to the US netflix.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (133 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I agree with what leggy said, Netflix does have a slight edge when it comes to TV shows but with Lovefim there's more choice when it comes to discs.

I don't really like the Lovefilm ap for the PS3 the Netflix one is much better.
I only used Netflix for a few weeks just because my mate used his details on my PS3, its well worth the money but I just use Lovefilm because I like to get games all the time from them and watch the odd movie.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (120 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Netflix. They offer subtitles on most of their stuff, and this is something that massively appeals to me.

LOVEFiLM is hard to browse, and have never had anything on offer that I want to watch.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (97 Views)
0 Kudos