Reply
10 May 2009
Member
Playstation Staff

Why is my Pen Drive (Storage Device) not working in my PS3?

14 Replies 586 Views Created 10-05-2009

Hello every one. My pen drive is not working in my ps3 for some reason. I have try the FAT32 thing and it does not work! It is not USB Port problem. So I have no idea why it is happening! It worked all ready one time, but that was it. After so, I have had some bad luck. :smileyvery-happy: - Pleas help me. 

 

(Again, it is not showing up in the ps3 - Photo, Video, Music "division' of the ps3. PLEAS HELP) 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (586 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is my Pen Drive (Storage Device) not working in my PS3?

ooo i dunno, maybe a format will sort it, if the content doesnt show press triangle on it and display all.
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (576 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 8
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is my Pen Drive (Storage Device) not working in my PS3?

Put your USB into your PC and do a full format using this http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197

 

 

If that doesnt work then your USB stick might not be supported by the PS3, what make/model is it?

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (570 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is my Pen Drive (Storage Device) not working in my PS3?

I am going to try this rigth now. Thanks...
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (551 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is my Pen Drive (Storage Device) not working in my PS3?

No.. It din't work... (I have Windows Vista)
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (549 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 8
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is my Pen Drive (Storage Device) not working in my PS3?

erm what happened, did you do a full format or a quick format
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (545 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is my Pen Drive (Storage Device) not working in my PS3?

smash it up or take it back, and get a new one, they are dirt cheap nowdays anyway
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (542 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is my Pen Drive (Storage Device) not working in my PS3?


FelipeFaria wrote:

Hello every one. My pen drive is not working in my ps3 for some reason. I have try the FAT32 thing and it does not work! It is not USB Port problem. So I have no idea why it is happening! It worked all ready one time, but that was it. After so, I have had some bad luck. :smileyvery-happy: - Pleas help me. 

 

(Again, it is not showing up in the ps3 - Photo, Video, Music "division' of the ps3. PLEAS HELP) 


On your pen drive, you have to name your folders, for your ps3 to be able to read your pen drive

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (537 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is my Pen Drive (Storage Device) not working in my PS3?


joeg81 wrote:

FelipeFaria wrote:

Hello every one. My pen drive is not working in my ps3 for some reason. I have try the FAT32 thing and it does not work! It is not USB Port problem. So I have no idea why it is happening! It worked all ready one time, but that was it. After so, I have had some bad luck. :smileyvery-happy: - Pleas help me. 

 

(Again, it is not showing up in the ps3 - Photo, Video, Music "division' of the ps3. PLEAS HELP) 


On your pen drive, you have to name your folders, for your ps3 to be able to read your pen drive




I suspect this is the cause. Either that or press triangle in the relevant "division" and select "show all" to see everything on the device.
PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (495 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Why is my Pen Drive (Storage Device) not working in my PS3?


DrTrouserPlank wrote:

joeg81 wrote:

FelipeFaria wrote:

Hello every one. My pen drive is not working in my ps3 for some reason. I have try the FAT32 thing and it does not work! It is not USB Port problem. So I have no idea why it is happening! It worked all ready one time, but that was it. After so, I have had some bad luck. :smileyvery-happy: - Pleas help me. 

 

(Again, it is not showing up in the ps3 - Photo, Video, Music "division' of the ps3. PLEAS HELP) 


On your pen drive, you have to name your folders, for your ps3 to be able to read your pen drive




I suspect this is the cause. Either that or press triangle in the relevant "division" and select "show all" to see everything on the device.

I think what the OP is saying the device isnt even mounting... as they say its not showing within the XMB... (in not so many words)...

 

but yes the PS3 is really stupid in that folders and content etc have to be there before it will bother to look for the content... maybe the next firmware update could consider looking for content anywhere... including on a CD/DVD...


All this will be lost in time... like tears in rain...Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (492 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos