Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Will the PS3 ever outsell Xbox360 in UK now?

Global figures put it at 20 million PS3, 28 million 360, 40+ million Wii, so the second place margin is Europe, so it's all down to SCEE to save the day....we're doomed DOOMED! :Stupid:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PS3 / 60gb & a PS3 / 320gb HDD - Keyboard & Official Mic - Samsung HDTV 720p - 5.1 Surround sound

GAMES = EYEPET - UNCHARTED 2 - MUA 2 - BATMAN AA - FAT PRINCESS - PUNISHER - RED BARON - FFVII - inFAMOUS - ZEN PINBALL - RAGDOLL KUNG-FU - KILLZONE 2 - FLOWER - HV BOWLING - HIGH STAKES POKER - MOTORSTORM-PR - RESTISTANCE 2 - MK vs DCU - LBP - MOTORSTORM - RFOM - F1 - HEAVENLY SWORD - UNCHARTED - LAIR - WARHAWK - EVERYBODY'S GOLF - VIKING BATTLE FOR ASGARD - ASSASSIN'S CREED - GRAN TURISMO - RATCHET & CLANK - GTA 4 - CIVILISATION REVOLUTION - BUZZ - BURNOUT PARADISE - THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT - SOUL CALIBUR 4 - MGS4_____LBP level - Destination Hollow Earth - Give it a try! Most wanted = Uncharted 2
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 121 of 129 (342 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

You were right, we were all doomed.

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2011/UK/

In the UK the 360 has so far sold 7.5 million to the ps3's 4.7 million.

Of course, gamers across Europe swing this figure back in the PS3's favour with 23 million ps3's vs 19 for 360. And worldwide the figs are screwed by the USA having sold 12 million more 360's with 32million compared to ps3's 20 million units.

Total global 63 million 360's to 60 million ps3's.

With the next gen surely on the horizon I just hope so much that Sony can reverse this gen's bad performance with a well spec'd competitively priced PS4, it SHOULD happen.

Not so much innovation required this time thankfully, blu ray is now part of the furniture and is cheaper to produce and *****, don't try the fancy cpu route, just go for an AMD or Intel solution, cheap, chearful and fast. Probably quad core, gpu from the usual source. RAM, I'd like to see a real push for 2gb +, the more the better.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 122 of 129 (233 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

The speed in which technology is enhancing clearly shows that this gen is nearing its end. Therefore, I feel it will be very difficult for the ps3 to out sell the 360. I also believe this will have a knock on affect on the next gen as well.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 123 of 129 (226 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i think theres still a few years left for the current gen and ps3 will prob be 5 more years yet
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 124 of 129 (180 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Halo 4 is bound to shift some new xbox consoles, along with the new cod which has dlc first on 360;. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 125 of 129 (165 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

In my opinion I think Nintendo is rudimentary and that's why people buy it. Much like all those Facebook games that a lot of people play; basic but functional. If they do decide to launch the PS4 before the new XBOX, I just hope that history doesn't repeat itself with all the hardware/technical problems the very first 360 had...

---

"Even after the darkest of nights, morning always comes."
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 126 of 129 (141 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Sony don't need to innovate for the PS4, just evolve.

MOVE , updated and requiring less calibration PLEASE , cmon, am I the only one ***** with the eye toy and recalibrating every 5 minutes? plus, if an updated MOVE controller comes with every console, it'll be worth it, cmon Sony.

A PS4 will probably, almost definitely be cheaper to manufacture than the PS3, no more tailor made parts = cheaper to manufacture, that's why the 360 is cheaper.

Sony COULD strike first and lead the way, how good would it be to see this? For me, it's about time Sony went on the offensive, they've been on the back foot since Nov 2005 and never regained their ground and suffered globally as a result.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 127 of 129 (129 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

anyway i cant see how the ps4 could improve on the ps3
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 128 of 129 (117 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Dooh!

About 4 x the amount of RAM for a start, then a more up to date gpu, a better CPU (cmon, we all know that the cell hampers development for many games badly, sometimes the PS3 is not developed for purely due to the cell processor and how awkward it is, YES, the likes of Naughty Dog have it mastered but for every single 'good' port we get 6 or 7 bad ones and this makes the PS3 look inferior to the 360).

The PS3 can be improved upon very easily.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 129 of 129 (93 Views)
0 Kudos